View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Oct 19, 2019 12:24 am

Reply to topic  [ 29 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
Endgame? Hybrid ships? Stuff to do? 

Quote:
It is similarly a waste of time to use the HC2 or HC3, as they are subsumed by the MC3 in the same way.

I guest the design purpose of those guns was that they have double the range of the MC3. Although in all practicality it's not useful unless you have masses of them because the projectiles are so slow.
They are reasonably better than the Railgun because they're not fixed, but that again has double the range of the HC guns.

Mon Jul 27, 2015 3:01 pm

sumplkrum wrote:
I guest the design purpose of those guns was that they have double the range of the MC3.

Yes, I only just noticed that. I'm not sure how I missed that before, as I was specifically trying to look at range. Still, the HC3 subsumes the HC2.

Mon Jul 27, 2015 4:05 pm

I think there should a difficulty setting because some players might want a harder challenge with all the factions or some might want to play it easy and have a fun time. this could be done by changing the aggressiveness of factions and changing the cost of things. also i just bought the game yesterday .
:D

Tue Jul 28, 2015 11:52 pm

There should be "boss" fleets you are forced to fight when you hit 8 k, with a countdown indicating when it spawns, and when it does, it throws you into a 25k arena with some asteroids vs that fleet

Tue Apr 19, 2016 6:20 pm

Optional Multiplayer using steam connect and LaN multiplayer would add more playability for the players and boost your sales.

Mon May 09, 2016 3:48 pm

I probably pitched this before. But I am getting close to making it work now. I have made a ship evolving program. I am currently working to have it beat a player specified fleet. One "End Game" could be the immegrence of a rival faction, a constantly evolving and growing faction the specifically designs against the player designs. At a minimum this would lead to a new level of challenge at the end.

I think this could probably be delivered as a mod with how I currently have it built. I would probably need a little help with mod implementation, as I have not actually moded for the game.

Wed May 25, 2016 7:54 am

If I ever get around to setting up a dedicated ranked server, can I use this to generate npc rivals?

Murderballs Faction Mod ver 1.2

Join us at our Reassembly Discord!

Wed May 25, 2016 8:09 am

Depends on what your setup is. Right now I can load in ship designs, call the "arena" command. Generate random ship designs that are non-colliding and I also have a symmetric option so no spinners. All I need is the path info for the log file, the path to the Reassembly exe, and the path where the ships folder inside my program is located and it does the rest. I am pretty sure any sort of setup you have would work with this.

Right now I am limited to single thread because reassembly only opens up one log file. I can call many arena commands threaded but I cannot get the results. I am also having troubles with the arena calls on a fleet. But that is another matter.

Wed May 25, 2016 12:01 pm

Oh I was just asking for permission to use it if I ever needed to. Regarding logs and fleet arena console problems I also encountered those problems when I was automating fights, although I'm ultimately not terribly concerned about this since as a last resort I can always fall back to autoclicking and using computer vision to get things done.

Murderballs Faction Mod ver 1.2

Join us at our Reassembly Discord!

Wed May 25, 2016 12:12 pm
Reply to topic   [ 29 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3