View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Sep 16, 2019 2:00 am

Reply to topic  [ 30 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Weapons & Modules Suggestions Summary List 

I'd like to see a stabilizer module that reduces (or in quantity, eliminates) the effects of recoil. Ideally, it would also perform a slight amount of course correction in the even that there is uneven distribution of thrust (such as when thrusters are lost on one side of the ship).

(this is a draft proposal, subject to editing)

Mon Mar 02, 2015 1:42 pm

A.I. module: If part of your ship becomes disconnected with the command module, then whatever remains attached to the A.I. module will remain functioning, but under A.I. control.

Current Gameplay - Long ship gets rammed in half, the half with the command module remains functioning with human control, the other half ceases to function and only remains an obstacle.

Proposed Addition- Long ship gets rammed in half, the half with the command module remains functioning with human control, the other half with the A.I. module remains functioning with A.I. control.

Tue Mar 03, 2015 10:29 pm

Surprised no one suggested this:

Salvager module: turn floating scrap into resources.

Perfect for the borg faction. :twisted:

Mon Mar 09, 2015 2:49 am

Anris wrote:
Surprised no one suggested this:

Salvager module: turn floating scrap into resources.

Perfect for the borg faction. :twisted:

Just made a thread then went into this one and went doh.

Would love something like that to add to cargo ships, so many derelicts around my game now.

Tue Mar 10, 2015 2:26 am

To answer for some of your suggestion:

WoehlkeTAD wrote:
A.I. module: If part of your ship becomes disconnected with the command module, then whatever remains attached to the A.I. module will remain functioning, but under A.I. control.

Current Gameplay - Long ship gets rammed in half, the half with the command module remains functioning with human control, the other half ceases to function and only remains an obstacle.

Proposed Addition- Long ship gets rammed in half, the half with the command module remains functioning with human control, the other half with the A.I. module remains functioning with A.I. control.

(The Faction 6 already have these function, these modules are called "Sub-Command" that can be duplicated in their blocky ships design, if their Main Command module is dead the Sub-command cores will take over the remains. I believe it is possible that a ship of their faction may split into two independent ships but right now your target UI may makes your weapon automatically destroy each command modules which is impossible to make a borg ship split into two individuals AIs. And since F6 are unable to regenerate lost parts there is no way a splitted AI ships can be regrowth into the two fully functional ship designs...)

Someone may adopt:
http://reassembly.wikia.com/

Tue Mar 10, 2015 3:25 am

WoehlkeTAD wrote:

Sub-Core: Acts as a secondary command module. If the main command module is destroyed, you take control through the Sub-Core. If the Sub-Core is separated from the main core, it functions under A.I. control, even to the point of completely regenerating a copy of the main ship!

Tue Mar 10, 2015 5:42 am

Ahh thanks. I haven't been playing that faction too much so I'll have to check it out.

Wed Mar 11, 2015 7:46 pm

Faction 6 has this trait, or at least it used to...

Wed Mar 11, 2015 9:08 pm

Camo5 wrote:
Faction 6 has this trait, or at least it used to...

That would have been their only way of reproduction, since they have no factory...

Thu Mar 12, 2015 5:40 am

How about I should merge the Phase Observer's feature and Phase Shifting device into one single component... That way the Phase Shift will serve as a Phase signature detection module in a limited range while also providing the player an advantage to phase into another dimension whenever they like... Through Phase Observer will give you more clearer view on what's happening in the Phase Dimension. Oh and I think if the player phased himself into the dimension he will not be able to perform natural part generation, except for artificial-regeneration cases... Maybe this to balance thing out, it will make anti-phase weaponry more effective somehow.

Someone may adopt:
http://reassembly.wikia.com/

Fri Mar 13, 2015 4:56 am
Reply to topic   [ 30 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next