[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
Anisoptera Games - View topic - RWDK: Reassembly Web Development Kit (Updated 2017/01/07)
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Sep 26, 2020 2:52 pm

Reply to topic  [ 99 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
RWDK: Reassembly Web Development Kit (Updated 2017/01/07) 

Have you tried using the palette (Faction Number) command?

Last edited by DarkWingedDaemon on Tue Feb 23, 2016 7:29 am, edited 2 times in total.

Mon Feb 22, 2016 2:28 pm

Mon Feb 22, 2016 2:33 pm

Sorry I'm using my phone...

Mon Feb 22, 2016 2:37 pm

You may have to spawn the palette in the sandbox and start generating ships using that. In the campaign mode, the blocks that show up have to be used in a ship design available for that faction, or something of that nature. I could also be blowing smoke. I've never done any experimenting with this stuff, but I do recall reading some reports to that effect.

Mon Feb 22, 2016 2:41 pm

Whenever I try to use the palette command to spawn in the blocks, it simply says that faction 155 doesn't have any blocks defined. I tried to make them show up many times, not once did they actually show up.

Mon Feb 22, 2016 11:32 pm

Tue Feb 23, 2016 7:43 am

Finally got around to checking this out ... Very Cool! ;)

Love the visual display for Regions.lua. Can't tell you how much time I spent tweeking those numbers to get the right spawns.

I like the block set-up. I probably wouldn't use it for making a faction with lots of blocks, but I can definitely see using it for planning things out and making the stat-heavy blocks like weapons.
I especially like that you can make a launcher that launches missiles, that fires more missiles, etc. etc. Definitely handy for for making code-heavy blocks like that. :)

A few things you could possibly add:

There's an ATTACK ai that you can add to factions.lua and to command blocks. This is the tournament ai that attacks, and does nothing else.

In factions.lua, there's a thrustSFX=1 value that can be added to factions. ... Not sure what the actual effect is.

If you look at the faction 3 command module, there's a value for: disruptTime=0.500
Never tested what this does, but assumed it was some sort of AI delay to make faction 3 respond slower.

Wed Feb 24, 2016 12:49 pm

I think that disruptTime is the delay between a hit and the reassembly of block.
Making the red faster at reassembling.

(I'm gona make a few test and get back to you)

Thu Feb 25, 2016 3:32 am

Thu Feb 25, 2016 8:28 am

Thu Feb 25, 2016 9:49 am
Reply to topic   [ 99 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next