View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Sep 22, 2019 11:48 am

Reply to topic  [ 99 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
RWDK: Reassembly Web Development Kit (Updated 2017/01/07) 

Have you tried using the palette (Faction Number) command?

Last edited by DarkWingedDaemon on Tue Feb 23, 2016 7:29 am, edited 2 times in total.

Mon Feb 22, 2016 2:28 pm

DarkWingedDaemon wrote:
Have you tried using the pallet (Faction Number) command?

*palette

(Normally I don't correct typos, but command names yeah...)

Murderballs Faction Mod ver 1.2

Join us at our Reassembly Discord!

Mon Feb 22, 2016 2:33 pm

Sorry I'm using my phone...

Mon Feb 22, 2016 2:37 pm

You may have to spawn the palette in the sandbox and start generating ships using that. In the campaign mode, the blocks that show up have to be used in a ship design available for that faction, or something of that nature. I could also be blowing smoke. I've never done any experimenting with this stuff, but I do recall reading some reports to that effect.

We have a Discord, too

Mon Feb 22, 2016 2:41 pm

Whenever I try to use the palette command to spawn in the blocks, it simply says that faction 155 doesn't have any blocks defined. I tried to make them show up many times, not once did they actually show up.

Mon Feb 22, 2016 11:32 pm

APuddle210 wrote:
So I made a slight modification to the Terran Faction (8), adding in three new armor blocks, 2 new laser turrets, and made a handful of stat changes to other blocks. I did this by exporting one of my saves as a mod (with Blocks.lua) and then uploading and editing those files before loading the whole mod up in Reassembly.

For the most part its gone well, I've found work arounds for adding the new blocks directly to my palette and then doing the same for my blueprints and then updating them with the new blocks. I have encountered one very persistent problem though. Whenever I start a new world (on my main save for the mod or any new one) it starts off fine, but as soon as I die, my starting station disappears. It still takes me to its location to respawn but the station isn't there, I can't trade R for C, no new ships spawn, etc.

Also, likely related to the above is a problem where any new stations I activate or build will show with the yellow indicator as if they are under attack, no matter what, and therefore also won't let me respawn from them.

Would love some guidance as my (admittedly clumsy) attempts to resolve this problem haven't yielded any results. Is this a problem anyone has encountered before? Or does anyone have any suggestions as to what might be the source of the problem?

Let me know if you want me to upload any files, other than the base mod files which I attached to this comment.

Region ID conflict. Start from 50.

Disiuze wrote:
I'm having the same problem as AtomicDragon71 (or, at least I think so). I double checked all blocks to make sure everything was correct but they just won't show up. I'm attaching the blocks file as I can't find a fix.
Block IDs too high, start from 17000

• InfraSpatia - Disjointed aliens with spinal guns
  • Systems Coalition Remnant - Turbo-rectangles with stacking guns
  • Roiders - Cities and drills
Make your own with the Reassembly Web Development Kit!

Tue Feb 23, 2016 7:43 am

Finally got around to checking this out ... Very Cool! ;)

Love the visual display for Regions.lua. Can't tell you how much time I spent tweeking those numbers to get the right spawns.

I like the block set-up. I probably wouldn't use it for making a faction with lots of blocks, but I can definitely see using it for planning things out and making the stat-heavy blocks like weapons.
I especially like that you can make a launcher that launches missiles, that fires more missiles, etc. etc. Definitely handy for for making code-heavy blocks like that. :)

A few things you could possibly add:

There's an ATTACK ai that you can add to factions.lua and to command blocks. This is the tournament ai that attacks, and does nothing else.

In factions.lua, there's a thrustSFX=1 value that can be added to factions. ... Not sure what the actual effect is.

If you look at the faction 3 command module, there's a value for: disruptTime=0.500
Never tested what this does, but assumed it was some sort of AI delay to make faction 3 respond slower.

Wed Feb 24, 2016 12:49 pm

I think that disruptTime is the delay between a hit and the reassembly of block.
Making the red faster at reassembling.

(I'm gona make a few test and get back to you)

Thu Feb 25, 2016 3:32 am

sumplkrum wrote:
Finally got around to checking this out ... Very Cool! ;)

Love the visual display for Regions.lua. Can't tell you how much time I spent tweeking those numbers to get the right spawns.

I like the block set-up. I probably wouldn't use it for making a faction with lots of blocks, but I can definitely see using it for planning things out and making the stat-heavy blocks like weapons.
I especially like that you can make a launcher that launches missiles, that fires more missiles, etc. etc. Definitely handy for for making code-heavy blocks like that. :)

A few things you could possibly add:

There's an ATTACK ai that you can add to factions.lua and to command blocks. This is the tournament ai that attacks, and does nothing else.

In factions.lua, there's a thrustSFX=1 value that can be added to factions. ... Not sure what the actual effect is.

If you look at the faction 3 command module, there's a value for: disruptTime=0.500
Never tested what this does, but assumed it was some sort of AI delay to make faction 3 respond slower.

The regions output is *somehow* broken right now and sometimes causes weird effects in-game, but I'm not sure why...

As for block organisation, I've been trying to work out a sensible way to have block sets, where you can manage a range of block sizes in a single entry, such as setting a size range for a series of hull blocks. The internals aren't really fully sorted out yet, particularly how I want to add meta-data to the save files to show a group of blocks specifically belong to a series, but it's something I really want to do to improve the workflow. Adding all those different entries for different sizes of the same thing really sucks.

ATTACK was originally omitted because it's mostly an internal tag, but since it actually does something which makes sense in a faction file, I'll re-add it, with a warning about how it basically overrides most stuff.
Until the meaning of thrustSFX is known I'm leaving it out, like several other tags.

Cornebre wrote:
I think that disruptTime is the delay between a hit and the reassembly of block.
Making the red faster at reassembling.

(I'm gona make a few test and get back to you)

Much appreciated. If it turns out to have a consistent function I'll add it in.

• InfraSpatia - Disjointed aliens with spinal guns
  • Systems Coalition Remnant - Turbo-rectangles with stacking guns
  • Roiders - Cities and drills
Make your own with the Reassembly Web Development Kit!

Thu Feb 25, 2016 8:28 am

Quote:
The regions output is *somehow* broken right now and sometimes causes weird effects in-game, but I'm not sure why...

The outside brakets redefine the file, (I think) the subregion brackets redefine all subregions. See This Post.

You might want to have it output something like this and just leave out the outside brackets:
{
ident = 200,
count = 8,
radius = { 0.1, 0.15 },
position = { 0.1, 1.0 },
fleets = { { 8, { { 0, 3500}, {1, 1000} } } },
fleetCount = { { 4, 8 } }
ambient = { 0 },
}

Also, not pertaining to your output, I have found that the order of the id's and galaxy structure can be weird.
For example, in the Star Wars Galaxy mod, I had a bunch of factions that I wanted to only have a single sector, or sectors within certain bands of the galaxy. However, my initial region file was spawning things all over the place.

What I ended-up doing was making the first indent #s the rare/unique factions that I wanted in certain places. After those were listed, I added the medium-sized factions, then at the end I added that large factions with many sectors (the Empire and Rebel).
Even though Arthur says the order that things are placed is supposed to be random, I found this method generated more consistent galaxies.

Thu Feb 25, 2016 9:49 am
Reply to topic   [ 99 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next