View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Nov 21, 2019 5:23 am

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
Strategy mod 

Hi, I have an idea of creating a strategy mod for this game, a RTS like command and conquer.
Creating a simple map, starting with one station(building) and later in the game you cold "research" more blocs, build more advanced units etc. I would use all the mechanics of the c&c game, with a few twists (like, the red faction would start with a capital ship). The economy system is there, ships cost would be determined by the amount of R, and the cost would be determined by the P of the ship). It would be needed to create a harvesting station or something, to collect the R from the plants (maybe a simple rectangular frame, and inside a harvester with plants or a limited amount of solar panels). You could build "factories" (not those on the ships, but like buildings) which would produce different types of ships (long range, melee etc, shield, superunits, carriers etc.).
What is missing is the UI, HUD, basic AI and of course, commands.
Since I don't know to much about the games coding and the way it is made, apart from that it seems to be easy to modify the blocs and crate new ones, and new factions. I have many cool ideas of what I could implement, but I lack the knowledge.
So, I was wondering if someone could explain to me how should I approach this, is it even possible to modify the core mechanics of the game and what programming skills are needed.

Fri May 20, 2016 3:13 pm

I like this idea, it would probably require arthur to do something to the game

Sun May 22, 2016 6:24 am
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]