View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Sep 18, 2019 9:52 pm

Reply to topic  [ 99 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 10  Next
RWDK: Reassembly Web Development Kit (Updated 2017/01/07) 

Pardon the double post, but this is a fairly important update:

RWDK has been updated, and now handles editing factions and regions in addition to blocks. Ships are still to do.

• InfraSpatia - Disjointed aliens with spinal guns
  • Systems Coalition Remnant - Turbo-rectangles with stacking guns
  • Roiders - Cities and drills
Make your own with the Reassembly Web Development Kit!

Mon Feb 08, 2016 4:38 pm

Something appears to be wrong with the region editor.

Attachments:
File comment: Results of RWDK generated regions.lua
2016-02-10_00001.jpg
2016-02-10_00001.jpg [ 91.59 KiB | Viewed 3002 times ]
File comment: Regions.lua generated using RWDK
regions (8).lua [751 Bytes]
Downloaded 156 times
File comment: Original regions.lua
regions.lua [435 Bytes]
Downloaded 157 times

Wed Feb 10, 2016 11:34 am

I... probably should have tested that better. Apologies. I'll take a look at it before the next release (which is coming along nicely, and involves allowing ships to survive block id changes)

Wed Feb 10, 2016 5:04 pm

Yay! Could you also add a better way to organize blocks?

Wed Feb 10, 2016 6:38 pm

I am sure this is a dumb question. I get a no blocks for faction error in sandbox even though I know that I set up all of the faction ID's correctly. What's wrong here?

Thu Feb 11, 2016 6:46 am

AtomicDragon71 wrote:
I am sure this is a dumb question. I get a no blocks for faction error in sandbox even though I know that I set up all of the faction ID's correctly. What's wrong here?

Never mind, got it I think.

Thu Feb 11, 2016 8:11 am

AtomicDragon71 wrote:
If you post the files I can take a look for you. Couldn't say otherwise, there are several ways it could go wrong.

Thu Feb 11, 2016 8:26 am

So I made a slight modification to the Terran Faction (8), adding in three new armor blocks, 2 new laser turrets, and made a handful of stat changes to other blocks. I did this by exporting one of my saves as a mod (with Blocks.lua) and then uploading and editing those files before loading the whole mod up in Reassembly.

For the most part its gone well, I've found work arounds for adding the new blocks directly to my palette and then doing the same for my blueprints and then updating them with the new blocks. I have encountered one very persistent problem though. Whenever I start a new world (on my main save for the mod or any new one) it starts off fine, but as soon as I die, my starting station disappears. It still takes me to its location to respawn but the station isn't there, I can't trade R for C, no new ships spawn, etc.

Also, likely related to the above is a problem where any new stations I activate or build will show with the yellow indicator as if they are under attack, no matter what, and therefore also won't let me respawn from them.

Would love some guidance as my (admittedly clumsy) attempts to resolve this problem haven't yielded any results. Is this a problem anyone has encountered before? Or does anyone have any suggestions as to what might be the source of the problem?

Let me know if you want me to upload any files, other than the base mod files which I attached to this comment.

Attachments:
blocks.lua [13.46 KiB]
Downloaded 142 times
regions.lua [189 Bytes]
Downloaded 145 times
20_Maginot-Class Station.lua [38.36 KiB]
Downloaded 145 times
Tue Feb 16, 2016 11:37 pm

TTFTCUTS wrote:
The community is relatively small. Lowering the bar for making mods increases the number which get made. Sure it also increases the low quality stuff, but it's not like we aren't already filtering half a workshop of exported save files out anyway... I can only see it being a good thing overall.

As somebody who can't code a potato, the Web Kit is actually really easy to use, because as you mentioned, some people find a visual aspect helps them better understand.

Sat Feb 20, 2016 5:31 am

I'm having the same problem as AtomicDragon71 (or, at least I think so). I double checked all blocks to make sure everything was correct but they just won't show up. I'm attaching the blocks file as I can't find a fix.

Attachments:
blocks.lua [17.71 KiB]
Downloaded 147 times
Mon Feb 22, 2016 8:24 am
Reply to topic   [ 99 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 10  Next