View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Sep 22, 2019 12:02 pm

Reply to topic  [ 1 post ] 
C++, vb.net, or Python skills? Help me help you! Pls? :D 

Hey guys,

I'm working on a spreadsheet for Reassembly modding that I call the "Easy Mod Editor" and I've done all of the work for it to serve as an incredibly simple, largely intuitive way to create and edit Reassembly mods except for one thing...

I haven't written a single one of the macros that the sheet needs in order for its buttons, dropdowns, and other controls to work. All of the stuff the controls do is incredibly simple stuff like the following;

ex 1. Save Changes Button: On button pressed takes the values from a group of input boxes and writes their contents to cells on a hidden sheet that serves as the save record for the Block Palette currently being worked on.

ex 2. Block Group Dropdown: A dropdown populated by an undetermined number of user-defined block groups where the user might have saved a group called "Hull" and one called "Thrusters" and maybe one called "Your End is Near" that they use as a catchall for weapons. The dropdown would populate with any and all created for their palette and would need to be dynamic so additions or subtractions would appear or be removed from the dropdown.

Anyway, like I said, I've worked with stuff like this in the past and I know all of it is incredibly easy if you are actually fluent in one of the acceptable languages. However, if you're like me and it's going to take 10 hours of re-learning the proper syntax, methods etc. for making this happen per macro, it's enough to keep this project on hold indefinitely.

tl:dr If you're fluent in one of the listed languages and wouldn't mind offering me a bit of help writing some macros I'll be happy to make the "Easy Mod Editor" workbook available for everyone's use but without a bit of help I'm not sure if/when I'll finally get this thing done.

Sat Oct 10, 2015 11:48 am
Reply to topic   [ 1 post ]