View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Sep 16, 2019 8:01 pm

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
Root/Seed launchers to launch their packages (AI) 

How does one make their root/seed launcher launch them as soon as they are ready? Mine just sit there, plenty of power, not launching. In the DOCs page I found this:

AUTOLAUNCH, // launches automatically, without being triggered

However, when I add that to the features the block will not load in the sandbox. Am I using this wrong, or is this for a specific type of weapon/component type to launch?

Fri Sep 18, 2015 4:33 am

Hey Grim,

So...first, posting the blocks.lua section for your launcher and seeds would probably be very helpful in determining what's up with your blocks.

Also, you should know...I'm not sure I've ever gotten the AUTOLAUNCH featureEnum to work correctly in game...though I've never tried using it for seeds/plants before so that might be the thing about it.

Personally, having tried just about every different trait word found on the DOCS page for one thing or another, I feel that their definitions need to be updated to how they actually work rather than the theory of how they could and SHOULD work (I'm looking at you "LAUNCHER" feature that doesn't let me you use whichever blockshape I want to use as my launcher-block but instead restricts me to a very narrow 5 or 6 different blocks possible) :(

Fri Sep 18, 2015 11:40 am
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]