View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Sep 19, 2019 6:46 pm

Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
Heirs to the Void Ep. I - Return from Exodus (v2.x) 

Hey guys, just dropping a quick post to advertise that I completed and uploaded a full balance pass and revision on my mod "Heirs to the Void" and it's now been uploaded to the Steam Workshop @ http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f ... =519368555. If you've downloaded an old version and are interested in checking out the new one you should know that it was uploaded as a separate mod due to....stuff. Anyway, thanks for checking it out!

Some screenshots.

Attachments:
Roc_Dreadnought_Solarwind.jpg
Roc_Dreadnought_Solarwind.jpg [ 230.99 KiB | Viewed 3119 times ]
Baza_Avenger.jpg
Baza_Avenger.jpg [ 61.29 KiB | Viewed 3119 times ]
Condor_Gunship.jpg
Condor_Gunship.jpg [ 181.01 KiB | Viewed 3119 times ]
Wed Sep 16, 2015 12:24 pm

More screenshots :D

Attachments:
Deep_Space_Harmonization_Gardens.jpg
Deep_Space_Harmonization_Gardens.jpg [ 162.96 KiB | Viewed 3117 times ]
Deep_Space_Colonial_Outpost.jpg
Deep_Space_Colonial_Outpost.jpg [ 239.55 KiB | Viewed 3117 times ]
Colonial_Outpost_Size_Comparison.jpg
Colonial_Outpost_Size_Comparison.jpg [ 214.46 KiB | Viewed 3118 times ]
Wed Sep 16, 2015 12:25 pm

Those guns look extremely unbalanced...

Thu Sep 17, 2015 11:37 am

Game generated points for the VAH-P Devastator Turrets (the bigger one) is 500P and I think it's a fair price for the below. The Wave Repulsors are 300P that I also think is totally fair.

Unless you were talking about the fact that there are 3 Wave Repulsor Turrets AND a VAH-P Devastator Turrets mounted on that arm overlooking one of the only two station landing pads attached to this space colony....
Actually, I had to gotten to thinking that the scale of this game is incredibly off in many places if you imagine that the smallest command module (ISOTRI_36 ?) can hold a single pilot...that is, if you're going from the standpoint that at least one or more of the factions has some form of thinking, roughly humanoid in size, being that is behind the helm of that factions ships.
So though the Colonial Outpost for the Marah'Kael is a whopping 29550P it's actually scaled and armed pretty reasonably considering the technology available to the tribe and the fact that anywhere from 10% to 25% of the remaining Marahns in existence in the entirety of the universe are living in any one colony.
And in keeping with the scaling changes I've made sure that the factions for the next two "Heirs to the Void" saga releases are right in line with the Marahns both by points and actual physical scale wise.

By the by...have you checked it out Camo5? :D

TL:DR So...maybe not balanced perfectly for enemies in the current Reassembly universe to have an easy time destroying one of the colonies but I assure you that it's not that difficult and that the factions that will eventually populate the world alongside them will have just as much advantage in their own rights. Also you should note that the shields go down for a full 15 seconds I believe...that's a good long time to wreak some havoc before they have a chance to come back up ;)

EDIT: Uhm...also, not to mention the fact that they're Heptagons...have you ever tried building with Heptagons? The very shape is a nerf-blight across the entirety of your forces haha

{61159
--Universal Traits
,name="Wave Repulsor Turret"
,group=22
,shape=HEPTAGON
,scale=2
,durability=2.000
,density=0.150
,blurb="Fires forty round bursts in a wide arc. Excellent for keeping enemies at bay."
--Feature Traits
,features=TURRET|CANNON
,cannon=
{
roundsPerSec=80.000
,explosive=ENABLED
,explodeRadius=10.000
,roundsPerBurst=40
,burstyness=1.000
,muzzleVel=1165.000
,range=1200.000
,spread=0.500
,damage=15.000
,color=0xd7ab89
}
--Colours
,fillColor=0x8e7c5a
,fillColor1=0x98835e
,lineColor=0xfee1ac
}
{61160
--Universal Traits
,name="VAH-P Devastator Turret"
,group=22
,shape=HEPTAGON
,scale=3
,durability=2.000
,density=0.150
,blurb="This turret is a collection of linked VAH-P cannons for a relentless and devastating rate of fire."
--Feature Traits
,features=TURRET|CANNON
,cannon=
{
roundsPerSec=34.000
,explosive=ENABLED
,explodeRadius=10.000
,muzzleVel=1960.000
,range=1200.000
,damage=35.000
,color=0xd7ab89
}
--Colours
,fillColor=0x8e7c5a
,fillColor1=0x98835e
,lineColor=0xfee1ac
}

Thu Sep 17, 2015 6:53 pm

I believe that camo means that the guns have *huge* barrels, which is generally caused by having insanely powerful stats iirc.

Thu Sep 17, 2015 8:56 pm

Ha11uc1n0g3n wrote:
EDIT: Uhm...also, not to mention the fact that they're Heptagons...have you ever tried building with Heptagons? The very shape is a nerf-blight across the entirety of your forces haha

Oh god YUUUUUP. Same with nonagons!

Muzzle Brake. Because not everyone is a fan of Noisy Crickets!

Empire of the Red Sun

Thu Sep 17, 2015 9:03 pm

Amazigh wrote:
I believe that camo means that the guns have *huge* barrels, which is generally caused by having insanely powerful stats iirc.

Oh, yeah, that makes sense too. Actually it took me awhile to push the block values to where the VAH-P Turrets would look like that. I had wanted them to look closer to a thumbless hand because the Marah'Kael, the people of the faction in Ep. I, are actually one with their ships and the larger vessels and stations are communally controlled and powered by larger and larger groups of Marahns. But they haven't perfected this ability yet, hence the interwoven technology and continued ability for the pilots/crew to be able to separate from their vessels that they join with.

Lore is fun :D

@Camo5: Anyway, my apologies if my reply came off too strong; I tend to have an over-exuberance for analyzing and discussing topics I'm very interested in....such as the balancing in standard Reassembly and the way I see it being transformed and shifted as far as my own current and future mods go. And also to see if you had tried it out :P

Fri Sep 18, 2015 11:32 am
Reply to topic   [ 7 posts ]