View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Nov 12, 2019 12:51 am

Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 
Reassembler: The mod that gives your design freedom! 

Hello everyone,

I have been working on a mod for Reassembly for the past few weeks. I called it Reassembler.

If you are looking for a deeper game experience, give Reassembler a try!

Updated to v1.6. Features "May 20, 2016 update" new blocks as well as a new color selection method. See the change log for details.

If you want a more challenging start, check out S.S.S. - Super Slow Start.
or
If you want a somewhat harder start but find S.S.S. to be too harsh, check out M.S.S. - Moderately Slow Start.

One of these two are recommended if you are playing with the Reassembler mod.

If you want to try playing with total momentum conservation, just like in real space, check out the Delta-V mod.

Last edited by Galenmacil on Tue May 24, 2016 2:39 pm, edited 16 times in total.

Thu Jun 25, 2015 4:53 pm

Galenmacil wrote:
Hello everyone,

I have been working on a mod for Reassembly for the past few days. I called it Reassembler

If you are looking for a harder, deeper game experience, give Reassembler a try!

I gave it a try, and it looks like you made the game a bit too hard and complicated.

10000C for a Factory? 235000C for an Obliterator?

R cost with upgrading?

But you can use these cvars; and leave the other cvars in their default state:

kRecruitCostC = 0.25
kReleaseCostC = 0.25
kUpgradePCostC = 5
kUpgradePCostR = 2
kUpgradePStepFrac = 0.050
kWormholeC = 2000

Player-Controlled ship does not grab unused parts.

Fri Jun 26, 2015 7:57 am

Thanks for your comment!

Maybe I went a little too hard on the block upgrade part (10x time!)...

I played a bit while making the mod to see if things were alright. I wanted to have a "zero" start: no premade ships, most basic parts, low starting max P value... Starting is going to be hard but that was the goal. Now, what about long term progression? You think blocks are too expensive? I also wanted R to be part of the process: give plants farming a more prominent role.

Weapons like the "obliterator" should not be easily available in my opinion. Of course, like in the vanilla game, you eventually reach a point were you are going to crush everything else... For me, part of the fun in Reassembly, is knowing that I'll get better and better ships as new blocks are unlocked. Once you "have all the parts", what is driving you forward? I guess that depends on each individual...

I left weapons untouch as far as stats are concerned. I took some liberty in changing description and name to have a more "sci-fi pseudo science" feel. I am working on making hull/armor part better integrated. When playing with a faction that as access to all the block, you are not forced to use limited hull/armor parts like with the other faction... So I intend to give more freedom in term of shapes and balance things a bit by adding "locked" hull/armor. So, like weapons, you start with basic and weak parts and move forward.

There a still a few things I do not understand fully: The teleporter block with TELESPAWN feature. The difference in using a normal command module versus a station command module with the DEACTIVATES feature. ROOT parts purposes. The transformer block: No special feature on it but why the name.

Thanks again for your comment.

Edit: Ok, GATC explained the function of the TELESPAWN feature... I am going to remove the block from the mod.

Fri Jun 26, 2015 12:48 pm

Galenmacil wrote:
The transformer block: No special feature on it but why the name.

Earlier in development Arthur was giving all parts fancy names, but then he realised it wasn't really necessary and stopped.
As such: it's just another hull part with a fancy name.

And I think DEACTIVATES makes it so when the core is killed it doesn't explode but deactivates into a state like that of the inactive stations you encounter and activate.
Also, iirc ROOT is used for parts that attach to asteroids, eg: the base of F6 buildings.

Fri Jun 26, 2015 2:39 pm

Galenmacil wrote:
Hello everyone,

I have been working on a mod for Reassembly for the past few weeks. I called it Reassembler.

If you are looking for a deeper game experience, give Reassembler a try!

Updated to v1.4. Now feature rooted building spawning behaviors! See the change log for details.

If you want a more challenging start, check out S.S.S. - Super Slow Start.
or
If you want a somewhat harder start but find S.S.S. to be too harsh, check out M.S.S. - Moderately Slow Start.

One of these two are recommended if you are playing with the Reassembler mod.

If you want to try playing with total momentum conservation, just like in real space, check out the Delta-V mod.

Do you have any idea on how to put the mod for non-steam Reassembly?? I saw a video in which you have to subscribe to the mod ( and I did ) and search for the mod (but I can't find it in my workshop folder) and after that you needed to put the ID? ( i forgot ) in the mods folder of Reassembly.... but since I can't find your mod I can't do it ;-;

Sat Jan 02, 2016 7:06 pm

Check out the Steam workshop page for the "Reassembler" mod. A user started a new discussion there and I gave a link to a non-steam version with instruction...

Thu Jan 21, 2016 1:57 pm

May I include a list of modules from my mod to here...?

Someone may adopt:
http://reassembly.wikia.com/

Fri Jan 22, 2016 4:40 am

If you are asking for permission then yes... Go ahead!

Fri Jan 22, 2016 12:23 pm

Can you post a download link so that you can install it manually? :) somethings messed up steam so it doesnt work :(

Sat Mar 19, 2016 7:45 am
Reply to topic   [ 9 posts ]