View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Oct 19, 2019 12:21 am

Reply to topic  [ 435 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 44  Next
Post your creations!! 

If you've faced faction 15 yet, they have RIDICULOUS armor and weapons. if you wondered what the transients thing is, that's number of items you can place on your ship in tractor mode.

Behold! this ship can hold 8 transients, that means 8 of those super powerful lasercannons, and there are 8 spots for them.

Sat Mar 01, 2014 2:50 pm

Which faction is that? They don't seem to be named in game.

Sat Mar 01, 2014 3:35 pm
Site Admin

15 is the internal number for the very powerful grey-green faction. Camo depopulated the world so I showed him how to use the in-game debugger to spawn extra fleets of ships.

Sat Mar 01, 2014 4:55 pm

This is the result:

The only way i could get a screenshot of the ship with transients is by hitting print screen in the 10 frames it becomes visible between the time i hit 1 for the build menu.

These are basically extremely powerful variants of the communication array.

Faction 15 is hands down the most powerful, followed by faction 11

Sat Mar 01, 2014 5:02 pm

Ahh, faction 15. They take so long to destroy with my proton beam stacking (basically 9 proton beams placed into a formation so they take up 3 spaces, you can see it in my youtube video). Yet if they are the most powerful AIs, then the proton sword is extremely powerful, as my ship with 10 or so proton swords can kill a level 18 version in about 3 seconds.

Edit: Depopulated the world? There is a limited number of enemies? Hmm. Does this also mean there is a limit to the level you can reach?

Sat Mar 01, 2014 5:50 pm

yeah, level 18 was what I hit right about when I ran out of things to kill.

On a related note, I have acquired the faction 15 parts and built this shiny thing.
Each of those copper pieces has 2400 health, more than 10x that of normal armor.

Also, I made a lasercannon ship too. it essentially and effectively melts anything in front of it.

Sat Mar 01, 2014 6:26 pm
Site Admin

Level 18 is the max level - you can go higher but you don't get more energy. At that level there are few enemies that pose a threat. You can technically kill everything in the world, although it would be tedious - Camo had just gotten to the point where he could erase asteroids pretty much instantly. I'm definitely going to add more powerful enemies to the next release.

The proton sword is definitely super powerful - the idea was that getting close enough to use it would be dangerous enough to balance it out.

Sweet ship BTW Angus! Graceful, yet badass.

Sat Mar 01, 2014 7:31 pm

arthur wrote:
Sweet ship BTW Angus! Graceful, yet badass.

I make my ships look good, instead of simply using guns stacked on guns.

One thing you NEED to add, is larger hull pieces.
(Also, some form of research system to get enemy parts would be nice...The transient system is too flawed)

Sat Mar 01, 2014 7:52 pm

The missile ship.

Sat Mar 01, 2014 7:56 pm

I think at around level 11 most enemies posed no threat, at least if I didn't fly right into them. The Proton Beam outranges most weapons and it also seems to outrange the AI's chase radius- I could kill pretty much anything at level 11 by flying to just within proton beam range and destroying them. Of course I usually don't see my enemy in time and can't stop fast enough.

Sat Mar 01, 2014 8:21 pm
Reply to topic   [ 435 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 44  Next