View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Nov 21, 2019 3:55 am

Reply to topic  [ 39 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
The Malevolence - Capital Ship/Battle Cruiser 

★ Conga ★ wrote:
An Envious comment from me?
Hue, good luck.
Or do you mean reluctant?

Regardless back onto the ship design, it's missing thrusters, not additional thrusters, just bare-minimum thrusters.

I was considering using the word "hesitant", FWIW Google gives a 2nd definition for begrudge ("give reluctantly or resentfully.") so I'm not totally wrong if "reluctant" fits the bill

HOWEVER I WILL GET ENVIOUS COMPLIMENTS FROM YOU THOUGH AFTER WASTE'S TOURNAMENT BECAUSE I'M ACTUALLY SEMI-PROUD FOR ONCE OF THE MONSTER I HAVE CREATED (please I don't want to eat these words...)

Edit: I actually foresee getting DQ'd for breaking a random rule I wasn't cognizant of because life works that way, maybe I should retract my statement...

Murderballs Faction Mod ver 1.2

Join us at our Reassembly Discord!

Sat Jan 23, 2016 12:01 pm

Splinterman wrote:
★ Conga ★ wrote:
An Envious comment from me?
Hue, good luck.
Or do you mean reluctant?

Regardless back onto the ship design, it's missing thrusters, not additional thrusters, just bare-minimum thrusters.

I was considering using the word "hesitant", FWIW Google gives a 2nd definition for begrudge ("give reluctantly or resentfully.") so I'm not totally wrong if "reluctant" fits the bill

HOWEVER I WILL GET ENVIOUS COMPLIMENTS FROM YOU THOUGH AFTER WASTE'S TOURNAMENT BECAUSE I'M ACTUALLY SEMI-PROUD FOR ONCE OF THE MONSTER I HAVE CREATED (please I don't want to eat these words...)

Edit: I actually foresee getting DQ'd for breaking a random rule I wasn't cognizant of because life works that way, maybe I should retract my statement...

I don't think i'll enter wasteballs tournament so don't even think about it~
So.... Why do you want compliments from me so much~?
Eh?

Also I don't see how my comment is hesitant but if you want to explain...

Reassembly x10

Sat Jan 23, 2016 12:10 pm

★ Conga ★ wrote:
I don't think i'll enter wasteballs tournament so don't even think about it~
So.... Why do you want compliments from me so much~?
Eh?

Also I don't see how my comment is hesitant but if you want to explain...

To be technical I didn't actually say it was hesitant, but I said I considered it, because in my mind you give out critique more freely than praise/encouragement, so I imagine that any action against the grain would require some amount of hesitation.

Regarding your first question, you told me to not even think about it, sooo that's that. And don't count on getting a straight answer because it's not like I have one or anything baka

Now that this Malevolence-ship thread has been sufficiently derailed, here's your answer, a short story about a day in the life of Splinter: ...

Some people have bucket lists, my bucket lists just happen to be very short term and mostly impulsive; for example:
"beat 16k worth of owlfeathers with 8k worth of sentinel" or
"do 3 days worth of work in 4 hours before my 7 am meeting" or
"properly render million light year draw distances for my side project" or
"Make this post not bad, oh god this is the 5th time (true story) I've editted it"

Regarding the Reassembly community, there's various power-users and I attribute little generalizations to them:
"Bahamut: makes very well-designed ships, but never wins anything"
"Luckydgl: makes respectable long-range ships, but rarely talks on the forums anymore",
"Camo: extremely veteran player who has probably done everything except for what he's currently doing now: trying to make short range ships work",
"Starficz: makes crude designs (except for Shredder) yet effective enough to win anyways",
"Arthur: the silent god",
"Mons: guy who loves space things and likes coding stuff for his space things but is currently too burnt out to host a February tournament" ,
and of course Conga also has a blurb or two as well, including "totally scrutinizes poor Splinter's comments a lot and will probably do the same to this one too; So.... Why do you scrutinize me so much~? Eh?".

So naturally there's little bucket list entries which correspond to the power users,
"Always beat Bahamut's designs before submission because it is the golden standard for quality",
"Don't let Starficz get 1st place again",
"Get hype for Camo's surprises", and of course
"make something Conga would consider worthy, because true perfection cannot be achieved without reaching or surpassing that bar, and who doesn't want to achieve true perfection?".

In reality though, if something like that happened you'd probably actually just be too busy being salty about Reassembly's crappy AI or thinking about winning the next tournament, or the design would simply result in a new ban and nothing will come of it (*cough* Bahamut's torpedo flinger *cough*), but hey! It's all in good fun/humor and if some teasing or fishing for Conga's praise but never getting any becomes an interesting meme, I will roll with it because why not... (and that concludes my non straight answer)

Edit: I was curious so I looked through my posts; prior to this I never mentioned wanting any compliments, I wrote this entire essay and this isn't even a thing!...

Sat Jan 23, 2016 1:29 pm

hum, why dont you PM each other?

Sat Jan 23, 2016 4:04 pm

jcordeiro wrote:
hum, why dont you PM each other?

Well whenever people ask me questions publicly such as this one, I just answer them publicly, maybe somebody else has something to say about it, forum traffic is already empty enough as is. Or you could pretend we don't know how to...

Sat Jan 23, 2016 4:10 pm

Splinterman wrote:
"make something Conga would consider worthy, because true perfection cannot be achieved without reaching or surpassing that bar, and who doesn't want to achieve true perfection?".

In reality though, if something like that happened you'd probably actually just be too busy being salty about Reassembly's crappy AI or thinking about winning the next tournament, or the design would simply result in a new ban and nothing will come of it (*cough* Bahamut's torpedo flinger *cough*), but hey! It's all in good fun/humor and if some teasing or fishing for Conga's praise but never getting any becomes an interesting meme, I will roll with it because why not... (and that concludes my non straight answer)

Edit: I was curious so I looked through my posts; prior to this I never mentioned wanting any compliments, I wrote this entire essay and this isn't even a thing!...

I'm the type of person who you might think praise you one day, never actually does, then praises someone else completely random for reasons you cannot comprehend.

Reassembly x10

Sat Jan 23, 2016 6:03 pm

Splinterman wrote:
"Starficz: makes crude designs (except for Shredder) yet effective enough to win anyways",

.........crude?!?!

The amount of testing and refinement I put into most of my designs are off the charts (I think), take my submission to picards tourney for example, the big deathstar ship alone went through over 20 edits and refinements taking about 10 hours total to make. Its not my fault all effective ships look like crud!

Sat Jan 23, 2016 6:45 pm

★ Conga ★ wrote:
I'm the type of person who you might think praise you one day, never actually does, then praises someone else completely random for reasons you cannot comprehend.

Actually I'm completely expecting this to happen, and for a reason I completely comprehend, that reason being "Conga just doing Conga things" so FINE WHATEVER
Uh oh, I better PM this before Mr. Cordeiro finds out and tells me to get off my own lawn...

Starficz wrote:
Splinterman wrote:

.........crude?!?!

The amount of testing and refinement I put into most of my designs are off the charts (I think), take my submission to picards tourney for example, the big deathstar ship alone went through over 20 edits and refinements taking about 10 hours total to make. Its not my fault all effective ships look like crud!

Agh I knew you'd say something about this! Even though I also thought I could sneak one by you; I was also pretty sure I meant to say "crude looking" because at the end of the day, insulting the winning design doesn't stop my own submission from being worse. But HA! you do admit they do look clunky! I mean c'mon, I go through at least 50 hours playtime for each tournament and these godlike Centipedes look like a cannon stack with melee-armor legs with a giant thruster column thrown down the middle, I mean sure Bees should get their asses kicked (I think I can chew through 10x the P value of my old fleet with my current fleet) so this is all fun and jokes, but it's easy to get knee-jerk reactions when everybody loses to a gigantic ball with cannons and asteroid movers hiding in the center of it...

Sat Jan 23, 2016 11:00 pm

Splinterman wrote:
★ Conga ★ wrote:

Actually I'm completely expecting this to happen, and for a reason I completely comprehend, that reason being [*][list=]
Code:
[quote][u][i][b]"Conga just doing Conga things"[/b][/i][/u][/quote]
[/list]
so FINE WHATEVER
Uh oh, I better PM this before Mr. Cordeiro finds out and tells me to get off my own lawn...

Nyeh Heh Heh~!

Reassembly x10

Sat Jan 23, 2016 11:35 pm

★ Conga ★ wrote:

I was -this- close to posting MetalCrusher/Mettatonnnnnnnnnnn

jcordeiro wrote:
Any reason why you use small squares instead of big ones?

It took me a while, but I can see a fairly advanced use for small squares; if you have a ship based around self-regeneration with multiple sheddable armor layers, you can use unconventional hull pieces so other ships don't steal your shedded armor layers.

Sun Jan 24, 2016 1:34 am
Reply to topic   [ 39 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next