View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Dec 15, 2019 4:12 pm

Reply to topic  [ 33 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Halorser's Terran Fleet 

Just want to share my creations with you guys.
If you watch the tournaments you might see my designs for time to time. (getting annihilated)
[Reveal] Spoiler: Lore
The Terran Empire expanded across their corner of the universe growing in both greed, conceit and power. They had not encountered space faring civilizations until they decided to use warp tech to travel to another galaxy. There they met the Droid Collective. Their greed and corruption overcame them and they sprung a full scale invasion against the Droids. After more than a century of war, with trillions of deaths across both galaxies, two other threats emerged after silently watching both empires whittle their forces down. One was armed with giant plasma cannons capable of splitting planets apart and shields that could withstand even massive nuclear explosions. The other was armed with gleaming gold armor that could take an indefinite amount of damage as well as cleaving through earth, ship armor, and even suns without batting an eyelid. After enormous losses, the ravaged Terran and Droid empires scrapped up the meager forces they had left and formed an alliance to combat both threats. It has not gone well, both home worlds in their respective galaxies were vaporized leaving the Alliance to flee to a new galaxy, trying to make a new home.

[Reveal] Spoiler: 0-500P
Most small ships are either unmanned, or crewed by failures, dropouts or criminals as these ships are not expected to last long.

T-214 - A crude, basic constructor. Anyone who fails the flight school entrance must fly ones of these death traps if they wish to progress. If they can survive for 2 weeks, they will automatically pass said exam. Unfortunately, most don't as they fleet commanders like to use them as disposable cover for more important ships.

T-226 - An unmanned satellite with a rocket pod, missile launcher and a mine layer for extreme distant engagements.

T-290 - Solely designed to combat drones and very small ships. That said, T-290s are almost always unavailable for deployment as the mounted burst lasers are stripped to be installed into bigger, better ships.

T-349 - A bigger constructor meant to be able to withstand smaller ships without much trouble. T-349s are the mainstay construction craft of the Terran fleet.

T-458 - A pure support ship that can actually do very well against chasing targets. They are usually used to set up a minefield before engagements to discourage flanking enemy ships.

T-61 - Cheap missile drone. Usually fielded in the 100s, they are mostly used to sit in the back and swarm an enemy fleet with a wall of small and cheap ordinance.

T-56 - The smallest manned fighter in the Terran fleet. They are used to screen for the main part of the fleet and intercept enemy drones and ordinance, as such, the morality rate of the pilots are above 95%. T-56s are piloted exclusively by PoWs and criminals, they can be flown via a AI system if there is a shortage of pilots. These ships are extremely cheap to produce and manufacture.

T-188 - Anyone who does not pass the mid tier exam are forced to pilot the T-188. Pilots who passed can also choose to fly it for a few weeks to jump start their career. Flying the T-188 is relatively safe as they are designed to be used for very long range skirmishes.

T-30 - These drone ships are deployed in the hundreds to patrol and scout around fleets before battle. If they scout an enemy to big for engagement, they will be used to buy time for the other ships to retreat to a safe location.

[Reveal] Spoiler: 501-2000P

[Reveal] Spoiler: 2001-4000P

[Reveal] Spoiler: 4001-8000P

[Reveal] Spoiler: A multi-faction dreadnought

Attachments:
File comment: Has ships that are not currently shown on the post.
Reassembly_Halorser_20151203_10.12.10.PM_8000P.lua.gz [232.84 KiB]
Downloaded 309 times

Last edited by halorser on Thu Dec 03, 2015 11:24 pm, edited 26 times in total.

Sat Sep 12, 2015 12:54 am

I like the staggered rockets. Will be stealing that setup, no doubt. :)

Sat Sep 12, 2015 6:33 am

Wow, that's a lot of missiles. ._.

Sun Sep 13, 2015 12:01 am

Harmless wrote:
Wow, that's a lot of missiles. ._.

A combination of dumb-fire and auto-targeting projectiles will make a enemy ship very confused on what to dodge.
If one doesn't hit the other will.

Sun Sep 13, 2015 2:15 am

A fair amount of F2 Laser Point Defense will more than likely protect itself from all those missiles though.

Sun Sep 13, 2015 12:45 pm

EDIT: Errrr not sure why it double posted >.<

Last edited by halorser on Sun Sep 13, 2015 1:32 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Sun Sep 13, 2015 1:15 pm

Harmless wrote:
A fair amount of F2 Laser Point Defense will more than likely protect itself from all those missiles though.

If a ship has enough PD to shoot out all those missiles (which would be very unlikely unless it's only point defense) would be shot down by the antimatter guns.

Wasting P on excessive amounts of PD only gimps your ability to fight.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Fwm5wn5vjc
That a f4 (f2 PD barge didn't want to even use their PD against the missiles) barge with as much PD as I could cram onto it.

Even with a ship that's entirely PD, it still can't stop all the missiles.

Sun Sep 13, 2015 1:16 pm

Eh, it still comes down to ship design in the end. Effective PD placement is better than spamming non-effective PD placement.

Sun Sep 13, 2015 10:53 pm

The fact is that rockets are so fast that most PD can't deal enough damage to destroy them before they can hit.

Sun Sep 13, 2015 11:15 pm

Rockets yes, they're too fast, but everything else should be able to be shot down by a well placed F2 PD Laser. F4 PD Laser could also work I guess, but I personally like F2 better. :P

For all I know I could have no idea what I'm talking about, after all I'm speaking from personal experience. But because I've seen it happen I believe it can be applicable.

Mon Sep 14, 2015 12:18 am
Reply to topic   [ 33 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next