View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Nov 21, 2019 4:08 am

Reply to topic  [ 17 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Meet the Amada Cygnus 

I've been lurking around nearly a month, and decided today is the day to emerge from the dust clouds with my awesome fleet.
I’ve perfecting this fleet on both aesthetic and combat efficiency for a long time.
[Reveal] Spoiler: and has sent them to couple of tournaments
Deluks Gaming Tournament #9 35,000p - Part 3 of 4
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xmCs3yP_9mM
Lapapsnow 30th September Tourney: Terran: Legitimacy Bracket
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GvwUZ9UyFC4
[spoiler=just don't have enough time to kill all those little basters :evil: ]

[/spoiler]
As a terrain fleet it does not surviving too well against F4 or F15. But if you want set out to fight an epic battle, this fleet is the perfect opponent to pick.

destroyer: longest in service, and so iconic it become the banner of the fleet.

assault frigates:laser swam control and major missile support

sniper:will hunt down bigger ship in packs

plasma skirmisher: tip of the fleet,will slice into the enemy line and create chaos

fighter: some stylish distraction, dies quick and beautifully....(overlapping parts, for aesthetic resons!)

prototypes: abandoned experiments,not worth to take into fight, but worth looking at

these are the main battle ships of the fleet:
Ellie sniper
laser shark
mini mortar
test against these to see the max combat efficiency of the fleet, have fun!!

Attachments:
File comment: all latest version of the ships
Reassembly_Lord_Z_-_Amada_Cygnus_20151106_02.11.14.AM_3624P.lua.gz [25.22 KiB]
Downloaded 163 times
Wed Nov 11, 2015 9:00 am

I have tested your fleet against my creations and i will now score your fleet

AIM: 3 out of 5, your ships hit most of the targets but miss a lot
Rate if fire: 5 out of 5, your ships spam allot.
Damage: 3 out of 5, your weapons can take down small and mid structures easily, but lack the damage to take down heavy structures.

Mobility: 4 out of 5 your ships can easily escape near death situations, catch on to enemies, dodge heavy projectiles, but they take a good amount of fast projectiles and have average top speed
Shields: 4 out of 5 good amount if shields and well distributed.
Armor: 4 out of 5 good amount of armor and sell connected structures, can survive 2 or 3 secs of heavy abuse.

Over all: 4.5 out of 5, very good balance and general purpose fleet.

Conclusion: Kills little ones and mid one(0p to 3kp) like butter, survives melee attacks really well and doges artillery really well, can be countered with heavy armored mobile ships (8000p) since it lacks the firepower to take them down fast.

Great job :)

Sat Nov 14, 2015 12:25 pm

PS: overlapping main blocks is cheating try not to use that.
Its ok to overlap the missiles on a missile launcher.
But its not ok to overlap 2 3*3 squares to get double HP.

Sat Nov 14, 2015 12:44 pm

jcordeiro wrote:

Who are you to say if its "ok" or not? Its his fleet, he can build it as he likes. It still adds to the mass of the ship.

Sat Nov 14, 2015 3:56 pm

It's impossible to overlap more than 1 square entity without totally messing up the entire ship when it rebuilds.

Anyway, I love your stuff. your snipers especially are very nice.

Sat Nov 14, 2015 6:26 pm

Thsarias wrote:
jcordeiro wrote:

Who are you to say if its "ok" or not? Its his fleet, he can build it as he likes. It still adds to the mass of the ship.

1st of all, he submited his fleet to get our opinions. In my opinion overlaping is cheating.
My name is Joao Cordeiro and i live in a free country, there for i have the right to have and share an opinion.

2nd instead of bursting in to flames over a non issue, why dont you try his fleet againt yours and post a reply with you findings.

3rd try to seed good actions to have a good future.

Sun Nov 15, 2015 3:34 am

I like the Pilbugs.
Simple and compact. Most people would just make squares, these are better.

On the X5R1; at first I thought the square on the back looked weird, but then I realized its the counter-weight for the front. Nice. ;)

Sun Nov 15, 2015 5:23 am

jcordeiro wrote:
Thsarias wrote:
jcordeiro wrote:

1st of all, he submited his fleet to get our opinions. In my opinion overlaping is cheating.
My name is Joao Cordeiro and i live in a free country, there for i have the right to have and share an opinion.

2nd instead of bursting in to flames over a non issue, why dont you try his fleet againt yours and post a reply with you findings.

3rd try to seed good actions to have a good future.

Nowhere in his post did it say "opinions please", it only says you may test it against your fleets. Also, i am not "flaming" anyone. You also seem to be confused as to what the word "cheating" means so i shall give you the definition of the word. "act dishonestly or unfairly in order to gain an advantage."
Anyone can overlap. Its a well known exploit that many people use. If you think its cheating don't use it, but dont whine when other people use their rights to play the video game.

If you wish to continue this further i'd be more than happy to do it OFF forums, but this isn't something appropriate for the enviroment set here.

Sun Nov 15, 2015 8:59 am

Dude, some of us do not exploit bugs even if they are well known. CPU does not exploit bugs. In competitions overlaping is not alowed.
The reason is that overlaping makes you have to use less shields(since you use less area) and makes you use less engines(since your ship rotates much faster(less mass far from center)).
And by all means is cheating. Cheating existed in single player way before multiplayer was a thing.

I will not tell you to stop cheating.

But im asking you to stop being a forum troll.

Ppl publish things to have comments, comments are based on opinion. If you cant even agree with this then take your medication.

Sun Nov 15, 2015 12:14 pm

jcordeiro wrote:
Dude, some of us do not exploit bugs even if they are well known. CPU does not exploit bugs. In competitions overlaping is not alowed.
The reason is that overlaping makes you have to use less shields(since you use less area) and makes you use less engines(since your ship rotates much faster(less mass far from center)).
And by all means is cheating. Cheating existed in single player way before multiplayer was a thing.

I will not tell you to stop cheating.

But im asking you to stop being a forum troll.

Ppl publish things to have comments, comments are based on opinion. If you cant even agree with this then take your medication.

Did you NOT READ the last line of text on my comment? I said we aren't going to continue with this on the forums. You are starting to piss me off.

Sun Nov 15, 2015 1:03 pm
Reply to topic   [ 17 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next