Anisoptera Games
https://www.anisopteragames.com/forum/

Unnamed Sentinel fleet
https://www.anisopteragames.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1948
Page 2 of 3

Author:  sumplkrum [ Mon Oct 26, 2015 7:34 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Unnamed Sentinel fleet

Apparently so if it's attacking backwards. :)

Probably shouldn't matter, but observation is proof of effect.

Author:  danny420dale [ Tue Oct 27, 2015 8:17 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Unnamed Sentinel fleet

What's it doing? Mooning the enemy?

I had somewhat similar problems with a ship with wide-set and very powerful thrusters as well. Incidentally it was also an ED209-derived hull configuration. I think I was able to fix the problem by flipping the last one or two thrusters on the outboard long stack to reverse position.

Generally a ship that inches forward just by wiggling the nose back and forth [Vandenberg Shuffle] will also tend to moon the enemy. You need a hair more reverse thrust and a bit less forward.

Author:  playlamegetfame [ Tue Oct 27, 2015 9:57 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Unnamed Sentinel fleet

danny420dale wrote:
What's it doing? Mooning the enemy?

I had somewhat similar problems with a ship with wide-set and very powerful thrusters as well. Incidentally it was also an ED209-derived hull configuration. I think I was able to fix the problem by flipping the last one or two thrusters on the outboard long stack to reverse position.

Generally a ship that inches forward just by wiggling the nose back and forth [Vandenberg Shuffle] will also tend to moon the enemy. You need a hair more reverse thrust and a bit less forward.

That actually helped alot, thanks for the hint pal. it still dose it sometimes but not as frequently as it used to be. I guess the ai likes to make sure it can fallback if it needs to...

And ive added something to the fleet.
A 8kP ship. ED209s great white ships have great mobility but at the same time way to many weakspots. With those points in mind, ive build something similar... it trades mobility for armor and firepower. The Megalodon.

Image

Author:  danny420dale [ Tue Oct 27, 2015 10:05 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Unnamed Sentinel fleet

Not to be confused with my Megalodon. Mine's pink, half the size, and made of solid armor. :mrgreen:

Glad I could help you fix the mooning-the-enemy problem. New Rule of ship design: if it can Vandenberg Shuffle, it's likely it'll moon the enemy as well.

Author:  playlamegetfame [ Tue Oct 27, 2015 10:16 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Unnamed Sentinel fleet

danny420dale wrote:
Not to be confused with my Megalodon. Mine's pink, half the size, and made of solid armor. :mrgreen:

How tiny and cute :D I dont think the solid armor matters that much, any kind of aoe will destroy the interior stuff anyways. But it looks like a decend allrounder. The nuke deals with capitalships, the obliteratior... well... obliterates crusier type ships. I guess it would be easily overwhelmed by rocketspamers.

I dont think youve realized how big my Megalodon actually is... its four times bigger then the great white.

Author:  Lucky[dgl] [ Tue Oct 27, 2015 12:30 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Unnamed Sentinel fleet

playlamegetfame wrote:
danny420dale wrote:
Not to be confused with my Megalodon. Mine's pink, half the size, and made of solid armor. :mrgreen:

How tiny and cute :D I dont think the solid armor matters that much, any kind of aoe will destroy the interior stuff anyways. But it looks like a decend allrounder. The nuke deals with capitalships, the obliteratior... well... obliterates crusier type ships. I guess it would be easily overwhelmed by rocketspamers.

I dont think youve realized how big my Megalodon actually is... its four times bigger then the great white.


Since i cant see how it fares against my ships because you havent linked the files for us, here, try it against my F8(Terran) 8kP.

Attachments:
Reassembly_Lucky[dgl]_-_Stonewall_Class_Battleship_mk3_20151027_03.29.32.PM_[7998P].lua [47.35 KiB]
Downloaded 135 times

Author:  playlamegetfame [ Tue Oct 27, 2015 2:33 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Unnamed Sentinel fleet

Lucky[dgl] wrote:
playlamegetfame wrote:
danny420dale wrote:
Not to be confused with my Megalodon. Mine's pink, half the size, and made of solid armor. :mrgreen:

How tiny and cute :D I dont think the solid armor matters that much, any kind of aoe will destroy the interior stuff anyways. But it looks like a decend allrounder. The nuke deals with capitalships, the obliteratior... well... obliterates crusier type ships. I guess it would be easily overwhelmed by rocketspamers.

I dont think youve realized how big my Megalodon actually is... its four times bigger then the great white.


Since i cant see how it fares against my ships because you havent linked the files for us, here, try it against my F8(Terran) 8kP.


I tried it once, thats the outcome:

Image

Edit: Done a secound round. Megalodon won 2-0 this time. how can i upload my stuff?

Author:  Lucky[dgl] [ Tue Oct 27, 2015 4:19 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Unnamed Sentinel fleet

You need to export your ship from inside your game, go to edit it by hitting 3 and then select the ship you want. Then once you are inside the editor you can click export at the bottom left.

That will create a .lua file on your desktop which you can attach to your forum posts either by editing them or creating a new one and clicking Choose File, navigating to it, selecting it and then clicking add file once you've selected it.

Author:  playlamegetfame [ Tue Oct 27, 2015 4:40 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Unnamed Sentinel fleet

Lucky[dgl] wrote:
You need to export your ship from inside your game, go to edit it by hitting 3 and then select the ship you want. Then once you are inside the editor you can click export at the bottom left.

That will create a .lua file on your desktop which you can attach to your forum posts either by editing them or creating a new one and clicking Choose File, navigating to it, selecting it and then clicking add file once you've selected it.


Thank you.

Here is my stuff. Do what ever you want with it.

Attachments:
Reassembly_Aquarian_Fleet_slot4_20151028_12.39.43.AM_8000P.lua.gz [225.22 KiB]
Downloaded 137 times

Author:  Lucky[dgl] [ Tue Oct 27, 2015 6:19 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Unnamed Sentinel fleet

playlamegetfame wrote:
Lucky[dgl] wrote:
You need to export your ship from inside your game, go to edit it by hitting 3 and then select the ship you want. Then once you are inside the editor you can click export at the bottom left.

That will create a .lua file on your desktop which you can attach to your forum posts either by editing them or creating a new one and clicking Choose File, navigating to it, selecting it and then clicking add file once you've selected it.


Thank you.

Here is my stuff. Do what ever you want with it.


Well it made me do a complete redesign of my internal configurations on several ships. They aren't very maneuverable tho.

I've attached a fleet to this post that has the ships i used to test against yours.

Attachments:
Reassembly_Tester_Fleet_20151027_10.11.26.PM_8000P.lua.gz [15.38 KiB]
Downloaded 133 times

Page 2 of 3 All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/