View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Nov 16, 2019 7:34 pm

Reply to topic  [ 22 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Unnamed Sentinel fleet 

Apparently so if it's attacking backwards. :)

Probably shouldn't matter, but observation is proof of effect.

Mon Oct 26, 2015 7:34 pm

What's it doing? Mooning the enemy?

I had somewhat similar problems with a ship with wide-set and very powerful thrusters as well. Incidentally it was also an ED209-derived hull configuration. I think I was able to fix the problem by flipping the last one or two thrusters on the outboard long stack to reverse position.

Generally a ship that inches forward just by wiggling the nose back and forth [Vandenberg Shuffle] will also tend to moon the enemy. You need a hair more reverse thrust and a bit less forward.

Muzzle Brake. Because not everyone is a fan of Noisy Crickets!

Empire of the Red Sun

Tue Oct 27, 2015 8:17 am

danny420dale wrote:
What's it doing? Mooning the enemy?

I had somewhat similar problems with a ship with wide-set and very powerful thrusters as well. Incidentally it was also an ED209-derived hull configuration. I think I was able to fix the problem by flipping the last one or two thrusters on the outboard long stack to reverse position.

Generally a ship that inches forward just by wiggling the nose back and forth [Vandenberg Shuffle] will also tend to moon the enemy. You need a hair more reverse thrust and a bit less forward.

That actually helped alot, thanks for the hint pal. it still dose it sometimes but not as frequently as it used to be. I guess the ai likes to make sure it can fallback if it needs to...

And ive added something to the fleet.
A 8kP ship. ED209s great white ships have great mobility but at the same time way to many weakspots. With those points in mind, ive build something similar... it trades mobility for armor and firepower. The Megalodon.

Tue Oct 27, 2015 9:57 am

Not to be confused with my Megalodon. Mine's pink, half the size, and made of solid armor. :mrgreen:

Glad I could help you fix the mooning-the-enemy problem. New Rule of ship design: if it can Vandenberg Shuffle, it's likely it'll moon the enemy as well.

Muzzle Brake. Because not everyone is a fan of Noisy Crickets!

Empire of the Red Sun

Tue Oct 27, 2015 10:05 am

danny420dale wrote:
Not to be confused with my Megalodon. Mine's pink, half the size, and made of solid armor. :mrgreen:

How tiny and cute :D I dont think the solid armor matters that much, any kind of aoe will destroy the interior stuff anyways. But it looks like a decend allrounder. The nuke deals with capitalships, the obliteratior... well... obliterates crusier type ships. I guess it would be easily overwhelmed by rocketspamers.

I dont think youve realized how big my Megalodon actually is... its four times bigger then the great white.

Tue Oct 27, 2015 10:16 am

playlamegetfame wrote:
danny420dale wrote:

How tiny and cute :D I dont think the solid armor matters that much, any kind of aoe will destroy the interior stuff anyways. But it looks like a decend allrounder. The nuke deals with capitalships, the obliteratior... well... obliterates crusier type ships. I guess it would be easily overwhelmed by rocketspamers.

I dont think youve realized how big my Megalodon actually is... its four times bigger then the great white.

Since i cant see how it fares against my ships because you havent linked the files for us, here, try it against my F8(Terran) 8kP.

Tue Oct 27, 2015 12:30 pm

Lucky[dgl] wrote:
playlamegetfame wrote:
danny420dale wrote:

Since i cant see how it fares against my ships because you havent linked the files for us, here, try it against my F8(Terran) 8kP.

I tried it once, thats the outcome:

Edit: Done a secound round. Megalodon won 2-0 this time. how can i upload my stuff?

Tue Oct 27, 2015 2:33 pm

You need to export your ship from inside your game, go to edit it by hitting 3 and then select the ship you want. Then once you are inside the editor you can click export at the bottom left.

That will create a .lua file on your desktop which you can attach to your forum posts either by editing them or creating a new one and clicking Choose File, navigating to it, selecting it and then clicking add file once you've selected it.

Tue Oct 27, 2015 4:19 pm

Lucky[dgl] wrote:
You need to export your ship from inside your game, go to edit it by hitting 3 and then select the ship you want. Then once you are inside the editor you can click export at the bottom left.

That will create a .lua file on your desktop which you can attach to your forum posts either by editing them or creating a new one and clicking Choose File, navigating to it, selecting it and then clicking add file once you've selected it.

Thank you.

Here is my stuff. Do what ever you want with it.

Attachments:
Tue Oct 27, 2015 4:40 pm

playlamegetfame wrote:
Lucky[dgl] wrote:

Thank you.

Here is my stuff. Do what ever you want with it.

Well it made me do a complete redesign of my internal configurations on several ships. They aren't very maneuverable tho.

I've attached a fleet to this post that has the ships i used to test against yours.

Attachments:

Last edited by Lucky[dgl] on Tue Oct 27, 2015 7:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Oct 27, 2015 6:19 pm
Reply to topic   [ 22 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next