View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Nov 22, 2019 3:44 am

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
Lucky's Kamikaze fleet 

35K P Sentinal fleet.

85 ships composed from 2 similar designs. 50/30 split.

No nukes or obliterater lasers or modded blocks of any kind.

It does poorly against F4 and swarm fleets.

Tell me what you guys think.

Attachments:
Fri Oct 09, 2015 6:16 pm

After some brief testing, I can conclude that it is a decent fleet at least; it is fairly good at racking up kills, and even against Faction 4 skirmishers it does not perform terribly, as it is often able to overwhelm the skirmishers entirely. It does not compete at all, however, with burst-focused Terran or Sentinel fleets, and, as you said, is poor versus swarms.

Currently, its main weakness is the fact that melee damage generates very few points, and that the ships have little in the way of damage output by themselves for their P cost. One easy remedy is to simply replace all the plasma bolts on the 497 variants with an Annihilator, which is a vastly superior weapon in basically every way (same DPS and P-cost as four Plasma Bolts, with longer range, splash damage, more health, etc.); such action should help greatly.

Beyond that, however, I fear little more can be done, as primarily melee-oriented Sentinel fleets usually scale quite poorly, and are thus at a disadvantage when facing larger ships with much greater range.

Fri Oct 09, 2015 10:42 pm

Three1415 wrote:
After some brief testing, I can conclude that it is a decent fleet at least; it is fairly good at racking up kills, and even against Faction 4 skirmishers it does not perform terribly, as it is often able to overwhelm the skirmishers entirely. It does not compete at all, however, with burst-focused Terran or Sentinel fleets, and, as you said, is poor versus swarms.

Currently, its main weakness is the fact that melee damage generates very few points, and that the ships have little in the way of damage output by themselves for their P cost. One easy remedy is to simply replace all the plasma bolts on the 497 variants with an Annihilator, which is a vastly superior weapon in basically every way (same DPS and P-cost as four Plasma Bolts, with longer range, splash damage, more health, etc.); such action should help greatly.

Beyond that, however, I fear little more can be done, as primarily melee-oriented Sentinel fleets usually scale quite poorly, and are thus at a disadvantage when facing larger ships with much greater range.

First, the bolters do 1/2 damage so 4 is double the damage of 1 annihilator.

Second, I have 2700/5000 P Melee Ships, they are much much larger, faster, and carry nukes and obliterators, or for the 2700P version just 2 bolters and an annihilator. You cant put 0 weapons on the ships or they literally just fly straight into the wall and sit there. I've attached those ships to this post, i just like the small melee fighter fleet, but the larger ships kill 8KP monsters pretty easily.

Sat Oct 10, 2015 11:53 am

Nice fleet :P

They really go for it and hit the enemy with those 300% hit damage knifes.

i could counter them with 2 types of ships.

1 - other ships of the same faction with the same 300% hit parts
2 - fast rotating ships, makes the hit less powerful as the knife part gets hit sideways after penetrating anything making your ships rotate and stooping penetration.

I assume that anything spamming explosives would have a devastating effect, since that faction does not have shields.

Im guna try to make some mine layers to see if i can counter them

But over all, 2 great ships for their P :P

Sun Oct 11, 2015 4:28 pm

At first look I was wating my fleet to get murdered. But acctually I won by points.

Using currently a Crystalline Fleet with moslty slow, tanky missile barrages with couple turrets.
Saw some ships going straight for the melee, but stoping the attack to dodge the missile wall.
Your fleet did a good job spliting my ships everywhere...
Battle ends generally with both fleets loosing about half of the ships. My fleet with only bigger ships alive.

I think its most about the AI trying to dodge... Maybe directing more side thruster to better adjust the trajectory. What about make some ships with side thrust focus?
What you think?
- Did a quick chance on one of the ships to more site thrust, got mostly the same result but less deaths on your side.
- Also uping my fleet.

Sat Nov 07, 2015 9:10 pm
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]