View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Dec 09, 2019 3:28 pm

Reply to topic  [ 44 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Tournament desings up to 4000P 

Hello everybody,
there are some mine desings for testing to next tournament.
I would like to see your fleets, so post them ;-)

LK

Attachments:
File comment: Faction 4 frigate with flak support
LK_FandF.gz [2.9 KiB]
Downloaded 211 times
File comment: Some try to get Nukes to the game
LK_DukeNuken.gz [1.62 KiB]
Downloaded 204 times
File comment: Small fast laser probes, good in killing enemies swarms
LaserProbes.gz [1.18 KiB]
Downloaded 194 times

Thu Sep 17, 2015 4:28 am

.. and some rockets

Attachments:
File comment: Furry sentinels
LK_RocketFleet.gz [2.21 KiB]
Downloaded 202 times

Thu Sep 17, 2015 4:35 am

Spreading some information about fleets is a good thing, I think. I suspect most people entering tournaments have a few recipes for fleets they expect to encounter and design their fleet to defeat them, but we all think different and produce different results accordingly. I would caution anyone about providing their fleet prior to any tournament entry (not only my own tournaments, but Deluks as well). It'd be like warning the other player that you're about to gank from the river or telling the other players that you have a Full House. In a competitive environment, you should use any advantage you've earned.

That said, I've been requesting permission to post fleets after tournaments for download, and so people can test against modified prior-tournament fleets to compare results and they can play with designs they like. It also stands to reason that a unified pile of fleet compositions could be assembled with a few standard designs: swarms, snipers, troll ships, spinners, etc. These standard designs could be used to test new ships and allow players who do poorly with certain formulas (I can't design snipers to save my life, for instance) to have good ships to rely on for testing.

We have a Discord, too

Thu Sep 17, 2015 3:03 pm

I'll post a few that I tested against. These first three are not my own designs, simply the "most dangerous" ones I cherry-picked from habitual stalking of the Wormhole feed.
Attachment:
ShankSwarm_Sentinel.lua.gz [1.99 KiB]
Downloaded 194 times

Obnoxious as hell. 40x 100p armored Scarabs. They don't pack much of a punch but they'll beat you handily in Points unless you wipe them all out or have a swarm to match.

Attachment:
Nurgle_by_Tao.lua.gz [2.65 KiB]
Downloaded 203 times

An extremely well-armored, maneuverable nuke-carrier, with a few Shanks thrown in for distraction. Tough as nails, it'll weather anything you throw at it while it calmly wipes out your fleet with a steady stream of nukes.

Attachment:
Kilrathi_by_Vortex19464.lua.gz [4.1 KiB]
Downloaded 219 times

A quick, deadly T4 plasma-hose. Not very durable, but god help anything in front of it.

(1/2)

Fri Sep 18, 2015 1:07 am

Attachment:
Shuriken2_by_SLM33.lua.gz [2.18 KiB]
Downloaded 181 times

SLM33's Shuriken v2, x8. Shielded, fast, and their drones will chew up anything not quick enough to keep up with them.

Attachment:
Scorpion_Micro.lua.gz [2.43 KiB]
Downloaded 181 times

One of mine. A trio of missile-loaded Retreat Cannons. Not my favorite design, but they demolished most of the fleets they went up against.

Attachment:
Scorpion_Heavy.lua.gz [3.79 KiB]
Downloaded 190 times

Another of mine. Can F4 ships even do armor? The Scorpion Heavy tries.
No words will sum this one up, so have some music instead.

(2/2)

Fri Sep 18, 2015 1:15 am

I wish I could possibly join the tournament one day. For now I have to study first on how to create my own then I would take my time just to prove that it would be competitive that by the the time I may present my creation it would turn out to be shame.

Sun Sep 20, 2015 9:14 pm

I'll add my second best fleet to this list, and a couple of other tough fleets I used for testing. Thanks for that scorpion platform :3 I now have 5 ships with double cannon variants from testing with this ;)

Attachments:

Tue Sep 22, 2015 1:57 pm

Camo5 wrote:
I'll add my second best fleet to this list, and a couple of other tough fleets I used for testing. Thanks for that scorpion platform :3 I now have 5 ships with double cannon variants from testing with this ;)

I find it amusing and depressing that your "second best fleet" is the only one mine can top. Ah well, I already submitted an alteration last night, think I'll just leave it at that and wait for Oct 1st.

As for the Scorpion, you're welcome. :) I'll assume you mean the F4 "Heavy," since the Micro isn't really worthy of the name.

Tue Sep 22, 2015 9:55 pm

Since everyone seems to be in the sharing mood, I ran some of these ships plus some of my test ships in a tournament last night.
here are the results.

For the top four winners, I also listed who they lost against.

You should have a basic idea what my test ships are simply by the names.

Wed Sep 23, 2015 4:48 am

I'd like to note that the fleet I entered has beaten every fleet I posted 3 times in a row, though it sometimes loses...

Wed Sep 23, 2015 6:12 am
Reply to topic   [ 44 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next