[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 384: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
Anisoptera Games - View topic - Harmless's random ships because why not
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Sep 19, 2020 11:42 am

Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 
Harmless's random ships because why not 

Hiiii. I felt like creating a topic for the massive amount of ships I designed (because I felt like it).

The S.S. Febreeze was actually my first ship, originally with lasers and much crappier armor. I then refined it into something that somehow managed to keep up with Sirboomalot's Boomerang designs (if you couldn't tell I'm proud of myself for that :P )

Entered for a Deluks tournament, it unfortunately got beaten pretty badly. It's got very good speed and a surprising amount of agility.

Spoiler:

The Toboggan class Dreadnought was actually inspired by a Toboggan, believe it or not. I was close to calling it the Paperweight Class Dreadnought though, because of the huge amount of armor on that thing. However, despite its weight, it's rather nimble. And yes, that's a station shield, because I'm crazy like that.

I'll probably upload more but I'm lazy and it's 12:24 AM here. G'night.

Sun Sep 13, 2015 12:24 am

Here's my current Faction 2 ships I made out of complete boredom:

I made this as like one of my first F2 ships actually. It's not as durable as it looks, given the lack of hull armor. It's also a little slow but turns decently well. It's not really that good. :P

Inspired after an Abrams M1 tank, I even included a weak spot in the back (assuming they have splash damage). It has lots of good forward-pushing potential. I might even improve this in the future.

Actually, I have to admit this lives up to its name. 8 Medium Shields, 16 Light Shields, decent amount of firepower+range and hull armor holds up to a decent amount before falling. It's also got lots of connector points and a compact design that serves it well.

I wanted to make something off the Heavy Shields+Heavy Turrets. It's built like a bruiser - Large, high overall health from components but not the tankiest around. Deals some pretty good damage, though lasers were installed to handle faster opponents. I think I need to add more thrusters though.

I spent more time on this than I did with the smaller Gunner design. It actually does decently in combat, though its durability is less than average minus the shields. Also, unlike the other design, I used Longbows instead of EXR Railguns.

The Mk.I version actually had a factory on it. This one was re-designed for better combat efficiency. And it actually does pretty well, all things considered. Though if I could I would totally find a way to replace the solar panels.

Wed Sep 16, 2015 9:41 pm

Okay, I get it, nobody cares about this.

Now how do I lock this?

Thu Oct 01, 2015 6:21 pm

They look like gravity assembled your ships from parts nearby :P

Do you know about this: ?

Thu Oct 01, 2015 8:38 pm

Ah. Yeah, I'm not very well versed in farmer designs. Not sure which measurements go with what. I'm better off doing Bee, Sentinel, and Red designs.

Fri Oct 02, 2015 2:59 pm

Fri Oct 02, 2015 4:50 pm

Fri Oct 02, 2015 6:29 pm

Actually, something I noticed is that Quantum Doom Beams angled at different directions just confuses the AI. I generally keep all of mine in front/in the center so they have an easier time ramming opponents.

Also, you don't need more than 4-5 Quantum Doom Beams to deal some serious damage. If you want maybe two groups of 3-4 beams, but yeah. That damage racks up fast.

Fri Oct 02, 2015 11:57 pm

He's an example of one of my things. (not to take-over your thread Harmless :) )
Total ram ship designed to aid drone ships in a fleet. It's only purpose is to crash into things and cause as much chaos as possible.
The angled beams cause damage even if it doesn't hit straight-on. Sometimes ships will try to avoid the side beams and move directly in front of the ram.

With smaller ships, the AI sometimes tries to use PD guns instead of the beams. That's why there are none on here. On larger ships I would have PD guns and maybe shard launchers too. - Momentum keeps it going forward instead of dodging, but the downside being it tends to get stuck on things.

Reassembly_Sumplkrum_-_Wreaker_20151003_09.14.30.AM_[1055P].lua [6.38 KiB]
Downloaded 282 times

Sat Oct 03, 2015 6:48 am
Reply to topic   [ 9 posts ]