View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Nov 12, 2019 1:42 am

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
BEWARE the Terran Duplex 

So I may have included a ship in my fleet so powerful, so dangerous, it breaks the game. It goes by one name and one name only:
The Duplex.

Now it's danger is not in the fact it is extremely fast for it's size, or that it can bisect almost any crystalline ship without issue, but it's that once it get's enough R to make a copy of itself, it does so... INFINITELY!

I don't know what I did wrong making this thing but when it duplicates it does so endlessly until the game crashes, without additional resources.

I feel genuinely bad for anyone who gets this thing in their world.

Mon Aug 10, 2015 10:30 pm

Hmmm....Well apart from the fact that the shield generators - which can explode under stress - are integrated as main structural components, that ship doesn't seem to be much of a threat :3

Do you have any footage of it duplicating? You might want to upload the log file too.

Tue Aug 11, 2015 7:52 pm

Camo5 wrote:
Hmmm....Well apart from the fact that the shield generators - which can explode under stress - are integrated as main structural components, that ship doesn't seem to be much of a threat :3

Do you have any footage of it duplicating? You might want to upload the log file too.

Proton swords are incredibly powerful things, this uses them very well, that and ripple firing burst lasers can down shields very well.

And I've NEVER seen a shield generator actually explode.

Anyways I found out it's due to a glitch that gave me the teleporter block, which has the TELESPAWN attribute, allowing free spawning, I hope that's rebalanced in future updates.

Fri Aug 14, 2015 2:28 pm

Guess who got these in his world! This guy!

So I'm fighting them and some log shaped ones, those shields, so powerful, but my capital ship's main cannon can slice through them.

The problem comes when one of them lives, cause yeah they multiply, fast.

It wasn't too bad, (Faction 4, plasma lance slices through literally everything) it was a rare challenge, but I took a wormhole just cause I didn't want to deal with it lol.

It literally would have ended up being your faction and mine fighting over the whole map lol

Mon Aug 24, 2015 3:51 am
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]