View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Nov 17, 2019 1:15 am

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
Cayvus Confederacy Fleet - Faction 15 

Recently started a new playthrough with Faction 15; I'm fairly happy with how the ships for this fleet have been turning out so I figured I'd share it. They're designed a bit more for aesthetics than function, but they do still work pretty well in a fight nonetheless. This isn't really a finished fleet, so I'll probably update this some more later - still have to get around to building a couple more cruisers and a carrier for the Confederacy.

Anyway:

A Confederacy fleet protecting an outpost.

----

Name: Longsword Mk III
Class: Battleship
Cost: 8000 P
Description: The largest warship currently fielded by the Confederacy, the Longsword is the main front-line vessel in the fleet. The Longsword-class is extremely heavily armoured, but still retains a relatively high degree of agility. Its standard armament consists of numerous plasma turrets, rapid-fire missile launchers, and a spinal beam array.

Name: Javelin Mk IV
Class: Battlecruiser
Cost: 7998 P
Description: Based on the core chassis of the Spearhead-class cruiser, the Javelin trades a great deal of the former's armour for additional speed and maneuverability. Although notably fragile for a vessel of its size and price, the Javelin's spinal beam array is significantly more extensive than even that of a Longsword, composed of twelve particle beams which alternate fire to provide the Javelin-class with more forward firepower than any other ship in the Confederacy fleet. Secondary weaponry includes plasma turrets and missile launchers.

Name: Spearhead Mk VII
Class: Cruiser
Cost: 4481 P
Description: The most common capital ship of the Confederacy, the Spearhead is a heavily armoured yet nimble cruiser. In addition to a fairly extensive battery of plasma weaponry and a trio of particle beams, the prow of the Spearhead-class is designed to be an effective ram, allowing it to penetrate the armour of enemy vessels with an initial impact while cutting further into the hull with fire from its beam weapons.

Name: Ballista Mk II
Class: Destroyer
Cost: 2553 P
Description: A fairly small vessel for its cost, the Ballista is designed to stay at a comfortable distance from the fighting while offering fire support and softening up enemy armour. The Ballista-class is only moderately armoured, but this is rarely an issue, as its speed allows it to keep out of range of the majority of enemy weaponry while firing with its pair of particle beams and a rapid-fire missile array larger than that found on any of the Confederacy's capital ships.

Name: Rapier Mk III
Class: Frigate
Cost: 714 P
Description: The most numerous non-fighter vessel among the Confederacy fleet, the Rapier is a highly agile frigate with considerable degree of firepower in the form of a battery of plasma turrets. Its armour is fairly thin, and it largely relies on its agility to dodge enemy fire while keeping up a steady barrage of plasma. Though not terribly strong individually, the Rapier-class is cheap enough that a number of them can be produced in short order, at which point they pose significantly more of a threat.

Name: Dagger Mk II
Class: Frigate
Cost: 674 P
Description: Smaller yet less common than the Rapier-class, the Dagger is a nimble ship meant primarily for taking down the shields of enemy vessels. Its performance against multiple smaller adversaries is rather poor due to having only two plasma turrets, relegating the Dagger-class to a support role in fleet engagements, in which it focuses on piercing the shields of enemy capital ships with its particle beam, allowing other vessels to more easily inflict hull damage.

Name: Talon Mk III
Class: Heavy fighter
Cost: 170 P
Description: Fairly unexceptionally armed, the Talon's strength lies in its durable armour plating, making it considerably more resilient than most other fighters. Its agility is relatively good, though its greater size compared to the smaller Razor means that it is more likely to take hits.

Name: Razor Mk II
Class: Light fighter
Cost: 119 P
Description: Less armed and armoured than the Talon, the Razor is a tiny, cheap fighter craft deployed in large numbers. Its sole armament is a single rapid-fire missile launcher. The one advantage of the Razor is how difficult it is to hit, on account of its very small size and high speed and maneuverability.

Name: Fortified Outpost
Class: Battle station
Cost: 7990 P
Description: These stations act as forward bases for the Confederacy fleet, providing shipyard facilities and resource storage. They additionally provide a defensive stronghold to fall back to if necessary, as they are heavily armed and even more durable than a Longsword-class battleship.

Name: Defense Silo
Class: Platform
Cost: 6700 P
Description: Though small, these platforms are equipped with a pair of nuclear missile silos, giving them a great deal of firepower. They are sometimes seen around outposts, acting as heavy weapons platforms in case of an attack.

Name: Missile Platform
Cost: 2736 P
Description: A common spaceborne defensive installation seen around the stations and worlds of the Confederacy, their large missile batteries provide an effective deterrent against small to medium sized enemy ships.

Name: Defense Platform
Cost: 402 P
Description: A small defensive structure, these platforms are cheap, durable, and built in great number. They provide point defense and a small amount of anti-ship firepower, and can slow down attackers significantly thanks to their heavy armour.

----

Mon Jun 29, 2015 2:13 pm

O.o

Cooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooollllll!

(Even if a bit.... green?)
^^

Mon Jun 29, 2015 10:52 pm

I chose grey and teal for my faction colours... so apparently the game decided to make the F15 armour pieces lime green... :?

I don't really mind the colour (I like how it looks with the blue thruster exhaust), but I'm still not quite sure why it did that?

Mon Jun 29, 2015 11:16 pm

Well, the armour pieces are not grey with the default colours.
What I understand of how colours work => It take the colours of the blocks, divide it by the default colours and multiply by your current colours.

Tue Jun 30, 2015 1:53 am

Owlfeathers0117 wrote:
I chose grey and teal for my faction colours... so apparently the game decided to make the F15 armour pieces lime green... :?

I don't really mind the colour (I like how it looks with the blue thruster exhaust), but I'm still not quite sure why it did that?

That's ok, my F15 armor came out BRIGHT PINK when I picked a dark red. At least the exhausts got a nice flame color. Hmm, pink flaming spaceships. This game must know I'm gay :lol:

Muzzle Brake. Because not everyone is a fan of Noisy Crickets!

Empire of the Red Sun

Tue Jun 30, 2015 5:17 am
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]