View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Nov 12, 2019 12:58 am

Reply to topic  [ 11 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Opinions on my Red Ship 

I'm not exactly the best designer for ships but I created this and it sees extremely durable compared to the normal ships

Attachments:
File comment: A screenshot
2015-06-27_00001.jpg
2015-06-27_00001.jpg [ 187.19 KiB | Viewed 4618 times ]
File comment: The ship.
Reassembly_Jack_Reaver_-_Ice_Breaker_20150627_11.30.26.PM_[1985P].lua [24.72 KiB]
Downloaded 167 times
Sat Jun 27, 2015 11:35 pm

Looks good. It's tough because the best F3 armor is Tempests. 1000 HP will carry you quite a bit, I usually make a ring of tempests around my reactors because Tempests are the only F3 part that can survive a reactor explosion. How maneuverable is it? I've made over a dozen F3 ships and none of them can strafe or flank no matter how many thrusters of any size I use.

Sun Jun 28, 2015 6:57 am

ARG!!!!! The generators are not symmetrical!!!!!!!! My eyes!

^.^'

Anyway.
It's good, even if I find it a bit too.... blue?

Sun Jun 28, 2015 7:33 am

I don't see how the generators are not symmetrical oh wait I see it, don't worry I fixed that after the post since it is my capital ship and it is actually quite maneuverable travels quite fast and the strength is less from the Tempest but rather the triangular design which has thick walls to absorb damage and quickly regenerate before it can be struck twice.
Also sorry about the neon blue, I wanted to make the opposite of Red so I changed the color to blue and made the armor looks smoother.
I saw i on one of the Battleships for the race so I decided to see if it would work well, and now I am incinerating the crystal race. Giant Crystal ships still dangerous
Note that I have added factories, more firepower and it can hold enough resource to build itself.
I find people try steering away from the normal armor too often and don't figure out how to make it work.

Attachments:
2015-06-28_00001.jpg
2015-06-28_00001.jpg [ 254.86 KiB | Viewed 4591 times ]
Sun Jun 28, 2015 9:10 am

I like it, but the turrets at the front of the second one seem a bit weird. I'm assuming that's because you couldn't connect them?

Fri Jul 17, 2015 10:56 am

Well done for trying to make these ships fly. A Masochistic endeavour, but i'm sure your ships are better than the regular punching bags.
I to noticed that their modules had more HP than the armour. And that their thrusters made better armour.

But at the end of the day, Their race is inferior. They deserve a tweak and rebalancing. Something simple, like more thrust in the thrusters.

Why not give them the best thrusters in the game?

Fri Sep 11, 2015 10:59 am

Because they are meant to be a difficult faction?
(CF. WARNING: HARD MODE)

Fri Sep 11, 2015 11:03 am

This faction was intentionally designed to be the first faction the player faces, and the scavenger faction found around the outskirts, fighting with the flies for resources. The fact that the player can now play as this faction is new as of the balancing, and thus their inferior firepower. It's a nice challenge to play as them.

Fri Sep 11, 2015 1:06 pm

Phasers are one of the Red's best weapons. High power, high range, and has more velocity than the Tempest, meaning they'll actually hit ships as opposed to barely missing them (which was a huge problem I had with the tempest).

I recommend you strap some onto your ship. 8-)

Sun Sep 13, 2015 12:00 am

Harmless wrote:
Phasers are one of the Red's best weapons. High power, high range, and has more velocity than the Tempest, meaning they'll actually hit ships as opposed to barely missing them (which was a huge problem I had with the tempest).

I recommend you strap some onto your ship. 8-)

Yeah, Phasers are actually pretty good weapons. Not even just by the standards of the Reds either; they're just plain good in general. My entire Red fleet uses them as a primary weapon, and generally does fairly well with them.

Sun Sep 13, 2015 1:41 pm
Reply to topic   [ 11 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next