View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Nov 18, 2019 10:03 pm

Reply to topic  [ 12 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
It's me. With my silly ships. 

I don't tourney, just base game, and I avoid overlapping bits as much as possible.

Muzzle Brake. Because not everyone is a fan of Noisy Crickets!

Empire of the Red Sun

Sat Sep 12, 2015 10:53 am

Camo5 wrote:
It has been disallowed for most tournaments. Often i might overlap a small thruster slightly so it will fit, but usually not.
That's certainly fair enough. I feel like it should be permitted in the "physics benders"/free-style type categories, though. It is an entirely in-game trick, that requires skill and a fair whack of effort, with natural limits and drawbacks. It's pretty creative, in other words.

In Terraria, the super-fast movement physics glitch that I popularised ('hoik') has ended up being explicitly retained (as was liquid duplication before that). Each glitch and game is a separate case though, and down to a judgement call by the creator as to whether it fits their vision or not.

In this case it also makes the build process more stressful and cumbersome, so a competitive 'race to the bottom' would probably make the game less fun for those competing.

Sun Sep 13, 2015 5:41 am
Reply to topic   [ 12 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2