[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
Anisoptera Games - View topic - Faction 4 Challenge
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Jul 05, 2020 12:10 pm

Reply to topic  [ 29 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Faction 4 Challenge 

Mon Nov 02, 2015 2:35 pm

The two best faction 4 single shield ships Thus far. Still working on a variant to that...THING that captpicard posted

Mon Nov 02, 2015 2:42 pm

Attachments:
Reassembly_Wave_Driver.lua.gz [7.37 KiB]
Downloaded 181 times
Reassembly_ArcAngel_1.1.lua.gz [2.36 KiB]
Downloaded 171 times
Mon Nov 02, 2015 7:09 pm

Attachments:
Tue Nov 03, 2015 3:32 am

Tue Nov 03, 2015 4:37 am

So I figure this is as good a place as any, but if anyone is interested, I'd like a little advise on some F4 ships. Prior to this morning, I had no real experience building F4 ships and so I was examining some of the ones you guys posted, but I'm stuck. I have two:

Burst Hose is intended to fight general purpose targets. I started with a Scorpion/Goshawk/Warhawk shaped frame, but I couldn't figure out why mine didn't maneuver correctly. I rebuilt the thrusters and it works better for me, but I still have a few problems with it. It loses a lot of duels, I'm guessing I have way too many generators and they chain-rupture and ruin the ship. It also doesn't aim as well as some of your ships.

Sustained Fire is intended to be more effective against trollships by roughly matching forward thrust with recoil. It does a pretty good job and does pretty tremendous damage, but it has two problems that I don't know how to resolve. First, it tends to wiggle back and forth to dodge incoming missiles, and in doing so ruins the whole thrust-recoil balance. I don't know what, if anything, can be done to prevent this, though. Second, which I suspect is a byproduct of the first, it ends up way too close to its target and, with the thrust/recoil balance, tends to just stay there.

I've tried using drones to help both ships maintain range, but against trollships in particular, bot ships tend to sit back at drone range, outside cannon range, and remain stationary.

Anyone care to fix my poor designs or provide suggestions on how to do so myself?

Attachments:
File comment: Two ships, Burst Hose and Sustained Fire
Reassembly_MonsPubis_Tinkrell.lua.gz [2.97 KiB]
Downloaded 157 times

Tue Nov 03, 2015 4:48 pm

Because everyone is so enamored with picards ships, I made a 2K version for you guys to play with. Its not too bad, but it does have weaknesses.

Attachments:
Tue Nov 03, 2015 5:59 pm

Wed Nov 04, 2015 12:31 am

Wed Nov 04, 2015 12:47 am

Wed Nov 04, 2015 1:24 am
Reply to topic   [ 29 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next