View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Sep 18, 2019 9:45 pm

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
Import a Ship to Single Player? 

I was just wondering if there was a way to try other people's ships in the single player as opposed to only being able to use them in tournament mode. At the very least, does anyone know where Reassembly stores its save files and single player ships? There are 2 ship directories in the actual app's folder, but neither of them contain the ships I've built myself. Where are the files of the ships I built?

On a related note, one of my friends somehow got an ENTIRE ship directory of mine on his computer. It had every single design I had at the time he got it. I have no idea how he got it and neither does he. Does the game itself have a way of sharing saves directly with steam friends?

Thanks for any help you can offer :)

Fri Feb 27, 2015 12:26 pm

Ships, what you build
1. Enter ship editor then just PRESS EXPORT :D .
Save files
1. Reassembly\win32\Profile\{name}\Saves\data\

Sat Feb 28, 2015 5:29 am

Steam will import the save files of your steam friend automatically, yes.

Sat Feb 28, 2015 8:35 am

Ok I just figured out that if you go through a wormhole, it uploads that specific save file to your steam friends. However, it deletes the last one you uploaded so your friends can only see the most recent save file you are playing and the second you enter a wormhole on a different faction they lose it. This is a little annoying, but at the same time I wouldn't want to get spammed by constant uploads from a multitude of friends that never go away. I don't really have any immediate ideas for a middle ground here.

_TheAlex_ wrote:
Ships, what you build
1. Enter ship editor then just PRESS EXPORT :D .
Save files
1. Reassembly\win32\Profile\{name}\Saves\data\

When I go to the win32 folder in my Reassembly directory, there is no folder named "Profile". Actually, there are no folders at all. Just the .exe and some .dll's.

I know how to export ships, and I know how to import ships for tournament mode, but I don't know how to import ships to the singleplayer. I was thinking that maybe if I knew where the single-player save file stored/retrieved the ship data to/from, I could go in and manually stick the ship files there. However, my search for the location of the files of single-player ships has yielded no results.

Tue Mar 03, 2015 1:19 am

If you want to import ship:
Start game.
Open fleet editor.
Aim to empty ship slot
Press I.
In opened menu find ship, which you want to import.(I recomend to paste lua files to desktop because menu opens desktop automaticly).
If you don't have "profile" in Reassembly\win32\ it means what you don't have saves.

Tue Mar 03, 2015 3:16 am

_TheAlex_ wrote:
If you want to import ship:
Start game.
Open fleet editor.
Aim to empty ship slot
Press I.
In opened menu find ship, which you want to import.(I recomend to paste lua files to desktop because menu opens desktop automaticly).

Ah, thank you. This worked for me!

Tue Mar 03, 2015 12:33 pm
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]