View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Sep 19, 2019 6:52 pm

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
Hilarious Ship, Must Try: The Deathball! 

While I've seen designs for other spinning ships, I haven't seen any that work on the magnitude of this one.

TLDR: Spin to win, my friends!

Design:
Normally it would be impossible to use 4 cannons this size on any ship, but by placing all of the cannons at a right angle to the center of mass, the massive recoil doesn't actually move the ship. It simply spins it. The ship will spin so fast that the speed vector of the projectiles will become extremely large. In this game, the projectile's speed vector is added to the cannon's speed vector to make for more realistic combat. However, since the ship spins so fast without actually moving, the speed vectors of the cannons become insanely exaggerated: giving it's projectiles unfair levels of speed and range. The ship itself is probably as space efficient as any ship in this game can be. I've wiped out massive player-made fleets using just this simple ship and no fleet of my own. The only downside to this ship is that the AI's complex algorithms for aiming and moving aren't made to grasp the simple mechanic of this ship. Instead of simply firing all 4 cannons at once, it will fire each cannon one at a time in order to be accurate. WARNING: DO NOT TRY TO BE ACCURATE! Simply firing all 4 guns at once is enough to flood the screen with enough projectiles to hit anything.

Also worth noting: because the ship spins so fast, it reducing the possible places your ship can be hit to a very few very specific sides. Those sides are heavily armored whereas the the other sides are not armored at all (because you will never be hit on the sides that face inward of the spin - ever). Also the spinning means all damage is distributed evenly accross your shields, making the ship far more tanky than it appears. Ramming into things while spinning this much not only will do a LOT of damage but it also will send your ship flying, an extremely useful escape tool using speeds no other ship can achieve.

In short, this is a very tanky, high range, high damage, high mobility ship. I've been playing it for a few hours now and it pretty much breaks the game.

EDIT: I've added an approximately 8000 cost model for the absolute max OPness

Attachments:
File comment: Expensive Version
Reassembly_Maulthius_-_DEATHBALL-9002_20150223_08.34.52.PM_[7690P].lua [17.14 KiB]
Downloaded 215 times
File comment: Cheaper Version
Note: You could downscale this a bit more but it starts to lose effectiveness exponentially.

Reassembly_Maulthius_-_DEATHBALL-9001_20150223_07.09.20.PM_[4642P].lua [10.23 KiB]
Downloaded 176 times

Last edited by Ixziga on Tue Feb 24, 2015 3:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Feb 23, 2015 5:46 pm

This sounds exactly like my Weed Eater. It's really hilarious fun! :mrgreen:

Muzzle Brake. Because not everyone is a fan of Noisy Crickets!

Empire of the Red Sun

Mon Feb 23, 2015 7:35 pm

It is your school lab work? :D .It is very good description, but i think 40% of people willn't read this and 20% willn't understand and you can simple add screenshots, which will increase interesting of ship and improve rating. As for me you description also interesting.

Tue Feb 24, 2015 4:15 am

I don't really mind if most people don't read the design bit. I didn't put it there for people who weren't interested, I put it there for people who are. That is why I chose the diction that I used for that bit, while before it I was far more casual. It's simply more concise to speak the way I did in the design section. If you are interested, you will read it. If not, you will not read it so there is no point catering it to you anyway. The way I see it, if you are as enthusiastic about ship designs as me then you will appreciate it. I don't give much of a damn about ratings or approval.

Tue Feb 24, 2015 9:46 pm

Touhou Platform possible...

Someone may adopt:
http://reassembly.wikia.com/

Wed Feb 25, 2015 1:30 am

okey.
And ship is cool. I first time ever saw spinning ship made by normal rules, with high effectivity and using no rocket or laser projectiles.

Wed Feb 25, 2015 5:39 am
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]