[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
Anisoptera Games - View topic - Basemodel Series
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Sep 22, 2020 11:34 am

Reply to topic  [ 15 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Basemodel Series 

What is the Basemodel Series?

The basemodel series is fundamentally just ships and its hulls. The idea is to
design nice/effective hulls for ships. Generally, basemodels ships need to follow
the following criteria:

-Must have nothing but Hull and Core
-Hull and core must be F8 only
-Design should either be effective or nice

The basemodel idea is to provide users, especially new ones, templates to build
ships with, as you would only need to add weapons and equipment to the ship.

This is very fundamentally different from standard ship submissions.

All are welcome to contribute.

Contributions should include a picture of a least 2-3 of the Basemodels you've
made, as well as a mediafire link. (Mediafire is safer).

DL: https://www.mediafire.com/?48ge49c2g8yjtou

Mon Sep 15, 2014 7:43 am

Made one more:

Teehee

Mon Sep 15, 2014 10:12 am

A dick-shaped ship. I don't think Arthur (or whoever made our Kickstarter) will allow that.

Humans continue to produce ever more powerful weapons of war...

Mon Sep 15, 2014 12:21 pm

Mon Sep 15, 2014 12:37 pm

We could focus on you calling mediafire safer instead of some of the alternatives such as dropbox :P

I might make one or two of these later, but no promises...

Mon Sep 15, 2014 5:32 pm

Hmm, I might try to make one of these, but the thing is that most of the ships I made for the tournament that were successful had hull built around the weapons, not the other way around. In a lot of my ships, my core is completely surrounded by weapons, and hull is placed on the outside where it will be most useful taking hits. Even the ships that did have a hull skeleton connecting the core to the hull (the Apocalypse series, Pestilence, War, Famine, Death) were closely designed around my specific weapons loadout and also had armor specifically built to protect the side thrusters. Not only are their hull skeletons pretty ugly, they would also only work well with a specific weapon loadout.

I do like to make ships that look good though, so I might try to put aside functionality and go after appearance. Just this once.

Never Forget.

Mon Sep 15, 2014 6:13 pm

Here, I made one, it should be for a really big ship (6-10k P would probably be best, though you could probably go up to 15k depending on weapon loadout). Probably not a design I'd use myself because of all the hull that isn't available as armor, but I definitely used parts of my designs to make this one.

Attachments:
Shell.lua [3.62 KiB]
Downloaded 250 times

Never Forget.
Mon Sep 15, 2014 7:13 pm

Humans continue to produce ever more powerful weapons of war...

Fri Oct 03, 2014 8:43 pm

I just finished making basemodel versions of my current fleet.

Attachments:
File comment: Note: I included the original versions.
Examples.zip [21.39 KiB]
Downloaded 265 times

Mon Oct 13, 2014 5:07 pm

What an awesome creations. How did you able to do it?

Wed Jan 07, 2015 6:00 am
Reply to topic   [ 15 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next