View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Sep 19, 2019 5:04 pm

Reply to topic  [ 122 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
Alpha 
Site Admin

There are definitely bugs. They appear whenever new features are added - to get a bug-free experience I would have to stop adding things for a while.

I'm glad the allies are fun and it feels cooperative! Wrt difficulty I wanted it to be adaptive in the sense that you can wait for allies to catch up and have it be easier or forge on along and have it be more difficult. It definitely probably needs to be tuned and optimized. The idea in the dev build is that you can trade RU (resource units) which are plentiful for LC (leadership credits), but maybe there should be a way to turn it off so you don't feel bullied.

Fri Aug 01, 2014 2:02 am

Something is wrong with the energy upgrade system! It doesn't make any sense anymore!! I am a stickler for not using abbreviations. Also, the energy/cpu cap is totally wonky. i can't upgrade my ship with the 1000 resources I collected because the max seems to be 6133 for faction 15, and 13684 for faction 8. D:

Wed Aug 06, 2014 9:11 pm
Site Admin

Hey Camo,
Oh no! I haven't finished the upgrade system yet (as evidenced by the lack of an official alpha update) so hopefully it will make sense soon. With regard to the abbreviations I was going for an HP/XP/GP kind of thing - the actual name of the various types of points is kind of arbitrary so I thought abstract acronym might be better. I'm thinking of further reducing them to "P" for energy/BR, "R" for resources/RU and "C" for LC, as in "my 1080P ship is bigger than your 480P ship". Also how are you encountering the resource cap - did you use the BR button in the upgrade screen? You need both LC and BR to increase it.

Fri Aug 08, 2014 5:57 pm

What is the BR button, and How do i get more LC? it became confusing >.<

EDIT! I found an upgrade screen. Also, my lasers are no longer working. four of them are in a frozen charging state, but they don't fire. I sent you an email with the log file because it is 2.2 Mb, which is too big to upload apparently.

Fri Aug 08, 2014 9:27 pm

hello arthur
this project seems very interesting
do you can say any eta of linux builds?

Thu Aug 28, 2014 11:52 pm

Horizon wrote:
For all you gangstas out dere:
I be goin ta release tha alpha up in all dem hours mu********!

As a reminder, dis be a alpha n' not tha final game. Well s*******, it will crash occasionally, n' there be missin features. If you want tha full experience, n' feel like seein tha game pimpment process too closely will f*** up tha magic, you should straight-up wait until itz done.

If yo ass is willin ta put up wit a lil instabilitizzle n' horny bout helpin me out, then keep reading. I be releasin dis early version of tha game cuz itz hard ta pimp game up in isolation - I need ta know which parts is f*nk n' which parts is frustrating. Yo crazy-ass feedback will help shape tha final game b*****h!

If yo ass is horny bout participating, please bust me a email at "arthur@anisopteragames.com" wit tha followin sh*****:

Name or username
email address
Why you wanna participate up in tha alpha (this can be straight-up short).

I'ma compile a mailin list n' bust up buildz later todizzle.

This derivated version of Arthur message is quite {f***ing} hilarious... Reynard, you just fooling around. >_>

For the look on the original version:
arthur wrote:
I'm going to release the alpha in a few hours!

As a reminder, this is an alpha and not the final game. It will crash occasionally, and there are missing features. If you want the full experience, and feel like seeing the game development process too closely will ruin the magic, you should really wait until it's done.

If you are willing to put up with a little instability and interested in helping me out, then keep reading. I am releasing this early version of the game because it's hard to develop games in isolation - I need to know which parts are fun and which parts are frustrating. Your feedback will help shape the final game!

If you are interested in participating, please send me an email at "arthur@anisopteragames.com" with the following information:

Name or username
email address
Why you want to participate in the alpha (this can be very short).

I will compile a mailing list and send out builds later today.

Someone may adopt:
http://reassembly.wikia.com/

Fri Aug 29, 2014 1:10 am

MEXAHOTABOP wrote:
hello arthur
this project seems very interesting
do you can say any eta of linux builds?

He has a linux build for the previous august 23 version, although one of my friends tried to get it to run and it failed.

Mon Sep 01, 2014 8:19 pm
Site Admin

We'll definitely have working linux builds by BETA (beginning of November), hopefully sooner. All the porting work is done, there are just a few packaging details to be worked out - need to include all the right shared objects (.so).

Tue Sep 02, 2014 4:19 pm

YAY BETA'S COMING.

Tue Sep 02, 2014 5:09 pm

What is your definition of beta?

This is how it used to work in the old days:
Alpha: Anything in the game can change
Beta: Only bugfixes and content tweaks

Wed Sep 03, 2014 1:35 am
Reply to topic   [ 122 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next