View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Dec 05, 2019 5:44 pm

Reply to topic  [ 122 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 13  Next
Alpha 

I use chrome and firefox, let me check firefox quick.

Fri Mar 07, 2014 3:56 pm

Chat is broken for me now, the message entry field seems to like covering up the shouts.

Attachments:
brokenchat.PNG
brokenchat.PNG [ 24.68 KiB | Viewed 6470 times ]

Fri Mar 07, 2014 6:01 pm

Okay, about the actual alpha, a few observations form me- resizing parts is very cool, but as far as I can tell you'd only ever use the largest parts possible. They are much more efficient in the hit points/energy used ratio, and in the mass/energy used ratio. Also, we can't resize weapons. :(

Actually, on second glance I noticed that some parts are extremely heavy for their size. The max sized grey octagon, for example, has the same energy use and hit points as the trapezoid, but the octagon has a mass of nearly 200 compared to the trapezoid's measly 18. This makes the trapezoids extremely useful armor plating, especially as they are long at max size, allowing them to cover a lot of space while having relatively low mass.

Parts have shading on them, which I don't mind, but perhaps we could have an option to change what graphics we want? I much preferred the solid color of before. Shields are also much more transparent, which is great as I can actually see through my shield spam.

Asteroids are real tough now, which I don't mind. I can't take shortcuts by burning my way through anymore, but making asteroids tougher should prolong the existence of space plants in my world.

Shields aren't so useful anymore, which is why I think I'm going to use tons of armor plating now. I didn't really like shields that much anyways, they were kind of cheap. Armor is where it's at now.

Fri Mar 07, 2014 6:47 pm
Site Admin

I'm planning to let you recolor parts of your ship and maybe other visual customizations at some point, so hopefully that should take care of the shading issue.

I'm glad the shields and armor are more competitive - sucks when every ship MUST have a certain feature.

Fri Mar 07, 2014 8:59 pm

I just noticed something- megaboosters have only 2 times the thrust of regular boosters, but have 2 times the cost and 4 times the mass. So, I'm using nothing but regular boosters from now on.

Fri Mar 07, 2014 10:22 pm

I noticed this too. regular boosters also have more health per boost.

Fri Mar 07, 2014 10:25 pm

Where are saves stored?

Sat Mar 08, 2014 6:20 am

I noticed alot of levels that are not rendered in the main game as part of map.lua,
how do i access these? Sandbox?

Sat Mar 08, 2014 10:00 am

I just created a new save when i opened the new version of alpha. it's easy to level up past level 10, as arthur discovered :P but mainly that was because i hadn't discovered railguns yet and had to rely on short range weaponry.

Sat Mar 08, 2014 10:40 am

Wait... did exp costs to level up get larger? It says it will take me 12k exp to level up from 16 to 17 now... that's more exp than you'd get from killing an entire world, I think.

Sat Mar 08, 2014 1:26 pm
Reply to topic   [ 122 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 13  Next