View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Oct 17, 2019 1:53 pm

Reply to topic  [ 17 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Design Contest Winner 
Site Admin

Winner: Akula by Amazigh

Runner up: Nachtmagen by Deceleration

Thanks to everyone that submitted ships! It was really fun looking through them all. You can see the rest of the submissions on #reassemblycontest. For some unknown reason a bunch of the submissions are not showing up - if we do something like this again we won't use twitter.

Mon Oct 13, 2014 11:21 pm

Congrats Amazigh! That is a pretty nice ship.

Also, hooray Nachtmagen!

Mon Oct 13, 2014 11:26 pm

Yay fancy designs! Too bad for twitter!

Mon Oct 13, 2014 11:28 pm

Twitter not displaying all the submissions was a pretty big flaw. Don't trust them with important things like this.

Also, how did you get a copy of Nachtmagen (with the fixed thrusters too)? Did you reconstruct it from the screenshot? I would have gladly uploaded the .lua file if you'd asked...

Mon Oct 13, 2014 11:31 pm

We were looking at a few ships and decided to make them really quick to see how they handled and what they looked like in the default colors. We didn't have a winner yet so we didn't want to ask people for files and it didn't take long to create them.

Mon Oct 13, 2014 11:37 pm

Okay, no problem. I was originally planning to post ships in the default colors, but I saw other people used custom colors so I just went along.

If functionality really did factor that much, I'm glad I made Nachtmagen maneuverable and gave it such a variety of weapons. I do want to point out that you missed a small generator directly in front of the core, and a couple of thrusters on the sides of the proton beam section.

Mon Oct 13, 2014 11:45 pm

Wow, nice that I won, Akula was my favourite of my entries, Shrike being a close second.
The four square hull blocks behind the drones were meant to be containers though, mainly to help break up the solid block of hull in that area, but I guess it works with them as hull blocks too.

The Nachtmagen is rather nice too, neat use of the triangles to make curved sections.

Tue Oct 14, 2014 12:33 am

Not really sure for my aristic skill in this mind of state, through, I am still feeling that both social media has been unofficially censored from my country, guess it was the bad things come out of it... I was stress out for things that should not really happening a long time ago.

Someone may adopt:
http://reassembly.wikia.com/

Tue Oct 14, 2014 12:38 am

Social media censored in your country? Where do you live? Also, most governments don't censor social media because of the shitty things on it, they censor social media for one of its best aspects- the distribution of information.

Tue Oct 14, 2014 12:47 am

I remember there was too much abuses with them.

Someone may adopt:
http://reassembly.wikia.com/

Tue Oct 14, 2014 12:54 am
Reply to topic   [ 17 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next