View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Dec 11, 2019 9:49 am

Reply to topic  [ 16 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
Final Kickstarter Contest 

The ship would win by points, obviously. If it was smart enough to keep out of range and keep dodging.

How do you think the Lancier beat Blizzard? The AI in Blizzard did not attempt to keep out of range of the mining lasers on the lancier's lance. It did attempt to keep at a safe distance from the lancier's core, which you can clearly see in the 1 battle Blizzard won.

Sun Sep 28, 2014 1:02 pm

Hey, where is my two ships in probe class? :(
All three has exact 250P and anyone of it not listed there: http://www.anisopteragames.com/contest/probe/

Mon Sep 29, 2014 4:49 am

Uh oh... Agent-kun, it appear there's 2 of your probe that are same class.
- Saki-Delta

Wha? I thought that same file submission would overwrite anyway... :shock:
- Agent S-315

Someone may adopt:
http://reassembly.wikia.com/

Mon Sep 29, 2014 7:51 am

I noticed something interesting. The names of my ships that got into the contest were not correct- Iaeptus and Anvil were supposed to be capitalized. Indeed, I made sure that their .lua files were capitalized. In the sandbox I may have not bothered with capitalization when spawning them in but that didn't affect the .lua files' names. Also, my retreating ships (juggernaut, artillery, laser cutter) were all capitalized and had "French" in front of their names. The "anvil 2.0" in the contest as a cruiser was originally named "Crushing Anvil 2.0", and I also submitted an "Anvil 2.0" which didn't appear at all, probably because the "Crushing Anvil 2.0" had its name truncated and consequently overwrote my submission. Another of my ships, "French Sniper" an interceptor did not appear at all. I'm certain I submitted them.

From what happened, it appears the first word of some of my ships' names were removed and the rest lost capitalization, which resulted in my "Anvil 2.0" getting overwritten. These are some serious bugs, and since they didn't affect older designs like Twilight Sparkle and Fleeing French Army I'm guessing it's an issue with the September 18 build. All of my tournament ships were submitted from that version, since the September 20 and 22 builds did not save colors in the sandbox.

Mon Sep 29, 2014 5:07 pm

Deceleration wrote:
I noticed something interesting. The names of my ships that got into the contest were not correct- Iaeptus and Anvil were supposed to be capitalized.

I'm pretty sure it's an issue with how the file format is produced when in sandbox.

When saved in the campain you get something like:
Code:
{data={name="Big Core", author="Amazigh", color0=0xc8c800, color1=0xffffff, wgroup={0,
      0, 2, 0}}, blocks={ ...*blockdata*... }

But in sandbox you get something like:
Code:
{data={wgroup={0, 0, 2, 0}}, blocks={ ...*blockdata*... }

As there is no name defined inside the file, the game takes the name from the name of the file, but fails to keep capitalisation for some reason, spaces also sometimes get mangled.

Mon Sep 29, 2014 5:34 pm

None of my ships were made in the campaign. My previous tournament ships had no naming issues so I can only believe it's an issue with the newer versions.

Mon Sep 29, 2014 6:10 pm
Reply to topic   [ 16 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2