View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Jun 19, 2019 12:38 am

Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 
The Tutorial 

[Reveal] Spoiler: Tutorial
An ongoing complete tutorial I decided to make that should be stickied to every wiki and forum available when it is done ~

Player commentary:
Remember that if you build something without thruster engines it is a base. Once you start taking over and unlocking things it gets alot better. I started pushing one of my bases with my ship to other color territorys and I started loading up all kind of points for that. Also once you unlock shields and long range weapons the game changes for you alot. Hang in their and keep trying.....it gets better. Also check out youtube videos. It really helps to watch some gameplay. It is one of the best games I have played in a long long time
I found out by accident last night that once I placed a station in space all the inactivated stations I came across to activate looked like my first very badly build station. Is there a way to change that? Anyone anyone?
Tutorial stuff
Batch of things to say before tutorial
(A) WASD are your basic controls for the first control scheme.
W is forward, S is backwards, A and D strafe left and right respectively. All of this is in relation to your mouse pointer which your ship auto turns to face.
• If you dont like that you can press R to switch between keyturning controlls and absolute controlls.
• In keyturning A and D rotates your shp whilst Q and E strafe, W and S are unchanged.
• In absolute controlls W moves your ship upwards, A left. S down D right and your ship faces your mouse pointer.
• If you don’t like any of those current modes available, there is an option to make thrust in relation to ship orientation rather than mouse location. This option is in the cvars options menu (currently
the location of your cvars.txt file is in C/users/your name/saved games/reassembly/data/cvars.txt
To change the mode, open the cvars file using notepad or similar, and add
kTranslationMouseRelative=false to the list, then save the text file and restart the game completely.
(B) Keybindings for your ship are located by pressing B.
Countdown begins, 60 seconds.
1. Do you understand what’s going on? Click No if you want to read the following tutorial, and Yes if you just want to play. y/n
2. Keybindings are available in the main menu settings, if you don’t like the current configuration.
"U" accesses the "Upgrades" Screen it’s where you unlock parts and upgrade your P cap.

"B" accesses your "bindings" screen. You can adjust which weapons fire with each mouse button, Left right and middle.

"1" Accesses the ship designer for your current ship. If you need help with this please throw your computer out of the window and go to your nearest Toys-R-Us and pick up the jumbo sized Lego’s Once you’re comfortable with that you can upgrade to the smaller sized ones.

"3" Accesses your ship library as well as your build sequence if your ship has a factory attached. You can change out which ship you’re actively flying here as well as modify any ship in the library.

"Tab" cycles between combat and command mode.

In command mode you can hire/release ships into your fleet, they will follow you around and fight with you.
You can also press 3 in command mode while pointing at a friendly ship to access its build order or even modify it if you so desire. Again if you need help with the building part. Please go get some Jumbo sized Lego’s and try not to choke on them when you inevitably see the shiny yellow pieces and think "Ooh Candy!"

There are a couple other commands that do minor things like shrink the UI (v) toggle auto zoom (y) and such but ill give you the benefit of the doubt and assume that you're literate enough to read the key bindings list and see which ones do what for yourself.

It's very unfinished. Currently in a word doc and is formatted nice there...If I find time later I will continue working on it. But half of the forum discussion is a tutorial being wanted, so I figure I'd make one, because for some reason the one in game isn't enough. Eventually It will be on the wiki..

Tue Mar 03, 2015 9:52 am

This is an unofficial Official survey for Faction names. Unfortunately I was limited to 10 questions so both plant factions are not on there...

http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/QYCQLYK

Sat Mar 14, 2015 7:28 am

Faction 10 nature was as defective in communication and being corrupted... And also they have malfunctioned against their mysterious masters somehow so these mysterious races are nowhere to be seen at the current game's timeline. But if these forces were going to return to wreak havoc upon galaxies once again... They would have an ability to subjecting your allies and turn them against you, and they'll rival the old corruption.

I may not like to call them "The Turned"... Instead refer them as corruption's "Outcast", the term "The Corruption" will be reserved for use in the future or you could use them now instead. "Rebels" will be excluded for naming this faction because of it's nature...

Someone may adopt:
http://reassembly.wikia.com/

Sat Mar 14, 2015 7:51 am

I'd like to call them the "Unknown" because flying modded ships reminds me of space pirates. That, or simply "Pirates". :|

Sat Mar 14, 2015 1:38 pm

IIRC Arthur said that he didn't want to name the factions so that people can create their own stories based on their own experiences.

Sat Mar 14, 2015 3:46 pm

I want them to have at least a common name so Deluks stops calling faction 15 faction 7 .-.

Naming the factions IMO won't really affect fanfiction writings, in fact I believe it would make it easier for some people to follow along with the story.

Sun Mar 15, 2015 6:41 am

Personally I think that faction names should be descriptive and really help tell the fleets apart, and not be "names" like what z0mbiesrock has taken to calling them. Possible examples:
F2 - Farmers [they have a farmer ship and lots of non-combat cargo ships as default.]
F3 - Hunters?Talons? [something to highlight the aggressive nature of their ships?]
F4 - Arsenal/Gunners [I saw dannys post and these names just seemed to fit, they use big guns mainly afterall.]
F6 - Cubes [would have liked to call them borg, but copyrights]
F7 - Flies/Gnats [they're small annoying, and only a real threat in large numbers]
F8 - Unsure, but it should highlight how they feel like a generalist faction [they have at least one of each main weapon type] Terrans?
F10 - Again unsure, but it could be something like rebels/corrupted/etc. as they are a "evil" copy of F8.
F11 - Crystalite/Crystalline [It fits their appearance]
F12 - Bees/Wasps [Drones+colourscheme]
F13 - Infection/Plague [As arthur said in the stream, you basically have to kill *all* of them to stop them, and it gets across the way they tend to completely saturate areas with their plants]
F13 [alt] - Cactus [quite a few of their ships look kinda cactus like]
F14 - With no real content as of yet it's not really possible to come up with a name, If arthur makes them along the lines of my suggestion post, then something like Cult/Clan might fit.
F15 - Honestly no ideas here.

Sun Mar 15, 2015 2:07 pm

13 I call 'Missile Thistles' or 'Shooting Nettles'. 15 sounds like Necrons or Predators (Yautja) with their plasma bolters, ravening death beams, and Nuclear Option.

Muzzle Brake. Because not everyone is a fan of Noisy Crickets!

Empire of the Red Sun

Sun Mar 15, 2015 4:47 pm

Damn, he beat me to it...

Sat May 30, 2015 8:19 pm
Reply to topic   [ 9 posts ]