View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Dec 14, 2019 12:58 am

Reply to topic  [ 11 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Release News 

Hi everyone,

This is it, the news everyone has been waiting for, details about release!

First, a short overview of what we've been doing and what we still want to do before release. Most of the updates in the past few months have been focusing on the core of the game, making single player better and fixing bugs. This will of course be an ongoing goal, but other than continued bug fixes and adding achievements we are happy with the current state of single player for release.

The main feature we want to add and test is enabling tournament functionality. We already ran tournaments before beta was released so we have the backend code, but we want to make it accessible to everyone playing at home so you can run tournaments with your friends' ships.

Right now we would like to release in roughly two to three weeks. We don't want to put a date on it yet because with a single developer it is really hard to make accurate timelines and we want to make sure the game is where we want it before we take it out of early access. We will announce an exact date soon.

On release day we will be moving the game from early access to live on Steam. The price will come down from $30 to $15. All Kickstarter backers will receive their copy of the game.

We especially wanted to thank everyone here on the official forums. A lot of you have been with us since the alpha and your tireless testing has been invaluable to make sure Reassembly is polished. Your enthusiasm and dedication to Reassembly has also been a great motivator to keep Arthur and the rest of us going. Thank you all.

Wed Feb 04, 2015 3:57 pm

>happy with the current state of single player
>achievements
>tournament mode

Uninstall.exe

I'm done. I'm so done.

Thu Feb 05, 2015 9:53 am

We are NOT happy with the current state of single player- if you mean 'feature complete'.

There is still balancing to be done, not to mention so much missed potential for ways to use the plants which are cool but could do a lot more than they do right now.

Also, every faction that could possibly be playable should be playable. Though that's less a need and more a want.

And there's no sandbox ship designer-thing.

AND THERE STILL ISN'T A SCROLLBAR ON THE PALETTE, COLIN.

Fri Feb 06, 2015 7:42 am

There is a way to increase palette slots trough editing cvars.txt, and while testing faction 13 and 6 gameplay trough some editing i found that faction 13 have quite different play style, but you have to give them factory, so they can build seeds, and infest every rock available to compensate their weak hulls. Also, faction 13 need some point-defense too. Faction 6 drones is very powerful, but gather enough P to unlock them and build a good ship can be tricky, and they have very limited options. So i agree, there is a lot to be done to make every faction balanced and/or playable

Fri Feb 06, 2015 10:26 am

Just a reminder that development will continue after release, we just feel good enough about the state of the game to call this release and push it to live on Steam.

Also balance will evolve over time, but it does represent a significant amount of development time. There is some level of balance at the moment, but the factions were not created to be perfectly balanced. Because they were originally implemented as non-player factions, it was relatively easy to make them playable, but getting perfect asymmetric balance is very difficult, and there are other features that Arthur has focused on and wants to focus on in the future before spending more time on balance. Right now I think it is best to view balance between the factions as a bit like difficulty modes. Some factions are more or less powerful and you can experiment to see which is right for you.

Sun Feb 08, 2015 12:42 pm

Twi (or Videogama, I think) wrote:
And there's no sandbox ship designer-thing.

Code:
[flash=1280,720]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dwoi6-8UFQI&hd=1[/flash]

Because flash is disabled for me for some raisin.

Anyways, deep inside a Windows computer exists the Reassembly data folder, located at "C:\Users\[REDACTED]\Saved Games\Reassembly\data". For me, at least. That folder contains a text file named cvars.txt. And yes, it actually works. Scroll down to "kHasSandboxButton". Remove the hash tag and change 0 to 1. Restart Reassembly. Bam. Sandbox button.

Sun Feb 08, 2015 8:44 pm

Oh. Apparently, there is already a sandbox by default. Huh.

Sun Feb 08, 2015 9:12 pm

change these values in the cvars.txt for more playability and less grinding. - Don't forget to remove the # in front of them!

kSaveSlots = 9
kPlayableFactions = {8, 2, 3, 4, 6, 7, 11, 12, 14, 15}
kPaletteSize = 30
kHasSandboxButton = 1
kFactionUnlockThreshold = 250
kResourceLifetime = 60.000
kResourceDieEnergyFraction = 0.75
kReleaseCostLC = 0.800
kRecruitCostLC = 0.5

Tue Feb 10, 2015 7:32 am

Quick update, we're officially releasing on the 19th. Arthur aims to have a final feature patch a few days before release so there is time to do bug fixes and then he will move on to post release feature updates.

Wed Feb 11, 2015 4:25 pm
Site Admin

It's out!

I did a post on my plans for the next few months on the steam forum:
http://steamcommunity.com/app/329130/di ... 055136647/

I know that some of the alpha testers are disappointed about directions the game has taken. This is painful for me, because the alpha testers have been around for a long time and believed in the game when it was hopelessly broken and incomplete. I have tried my utmost to balance numerous goals and make the best game experience possible, splitting my time between the steam forums, anisoptera forums, and programming. Sometimes this means working on tutorials for new players instead of on more advanced features.

Ultimately it is extremely difficult to build a single player game that is interestingly repayable beyond a certain point. I have a deep respect for dwarf fortress, gnomoria, and related games. I hope that time spent with Reassembly has been worthwhile, and I will continue to try my best in the future.

Thu Feb 19, 2015 6:30 pm
Reply to topic   [ 11 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next