View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Aug 24, 2019 5:59 pm

Reply to topic  [ 15 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
Second Kickstarter Contest 

Deceleration wrote:
They will take the same amount of time to play when recording and not recording, so might as well. The upload will take a while, but it can wait a couple days.

I don't think you understand. Recording at Full HD for 7 hours is more than 500 Gigs of film when uncompressed.

Thu Sep 18, 2014 10:29 am

Hmm, yeah, and arthur's drives are also almost full. He needs a new external hard drive.

Thu Sep 18, 2014 11:25 am

I appreciate that everyone wants to see how their ship performs, but remember we will be releasing the ships every week, so if yours didn't make the finals you can always test them yourself. In a round robin I think you will see remarkably consistent results when it comes to overall performance.

We would also like to change it to a final 16, assuming Deceleration's math is correct that isn't too bad for timing. However, since I also like the parallel tournament idea for alpha testers/non-alpha testers, then if we do two tournaments a final 8 for each works better.

Thu Sep 18, 2014 2:21 pm

I just used the second tournament's rough times to calculate an estimate. Obviously, if people start submitting ships designed to win by points rather than kills it could become very long.

Thu Sep 18, 2014 2:25 pm

Deceleration wrote:
I just used the second tournament's rough times to calculate an estimate. Obviously, if people start submitting ships designed to win by points rather than kills it could become very long.

This is why you should never trust deceleration.

*sniggers*

Thu Sep 18, 2014 2:44 pm
Reply to topic   [ 15 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2