View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Jun 25, 2019 1:16 pm

Reply to topic  [ 52 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
First Kickstarter Contest! 

Regeneration would actually make ships that dodge more powerful as any damage they take can easily be regenerated. We didn't see it much in this tournament, but one of the weaknesses of ships with thrusters all over the outside is that the thrusters can easily be destroyed, which prevents them from dodging further. If they regenerated quickly then even that wouldn't work.

Remember there are two goals of the tournament, make it fun to design ships to submit, and make it fun to watch regardless of whether your ships are fighting. Those two goals sometimes don't mesh perfectly, but I think we are working towards finding a nice balance.

Mon Sep 15, 2014 2:51 pm

Yeah, Twilight Sparkle lost thrusters way too easily, definitely why it lost to Bleeding Heart. Bleeding Heart had thrusters in small stacks rather than big ones, so a stack breaking off was less of an impact. Just so everyone realizes that thrusters aren't everything, and expect me to build more ships like that.

Mon Sep 15, 2014 3:04 pm
Reply to topic   [ 52 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6