View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Jun 18, 2019 12:25 am

Reply to topic  [ 52 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
First Kickstarter Contest! 

Hi everyone, time for another contest!

First of all the official submission page for the contest: http://www.anisopteragames.com/contest/

If you do not submit your design to this page it will not be used!

The deadline for submissions is 2:00 PM this Sunday, pacific standard time. The contest is being streamed at 3:00 PM this Sunday an hour after submissions close. You can export your ships directly from the build screen and then you just submit the lua file it creates. Make sure to give your ship a cool name in the upper left side of the build screen!

Now here are the categories:

Standard (anything goes):
Probe - Any design of 250P or less.
Interceptor - Any design of 1000P or less.
Cruiser - Any design of 3000P or less.
Dreadnought - Any design of 6000P or less.

Specialty (Restricted Parts):
Proton - 2000P or less, only weapon modules allowed are proton swords and proton beams.
Faction3 - 1000P or less, only faction 3 blocks allowed.
Faction4 - 1500P or less, only faction 4 blocks allowed.
Tanks - 2000P or less, no shield modules allowed, only weapon modules allowed are the three sizes of plasma cannons.

General Restrictions:
Only blocks available by default in the game can be used. No blocks that are only available in the sandbox! This does not apply to the Faction3 and Faction4 categories.
No factories.

Here is how the fights will be conducted:
1) Fights are 1v1.
2) Two ships will be selected at random from the files submitted for that category.
3) They are spawned in at a random range between 3000 and 4000 from each other.
4) If neither ship is destroyed within 90 seconds of being spawned, the ship that has caused more damage wins.
5) Each fight is replicated until one ship has won twice (best 2 out of 3).
6) It is a single elimination bracket, so after each round the number of participants halve.
7) We will list each ship's name and how far the design went afterwards. We will also use the name associated with the submission to honor the top designers in each category.

You can now test your builds from the build screen by using the "test" button next to the "export" button. In the sandbox you can test using the "test" console command. Either "test shipname", or select your ship and run "test" or select a bunch of ships and run "test" to do a pool.

Looking forward to seeing what you all come up with!

Wed Sep 10, 2014 2:01 pm

"Faction4 1000P or less, no shields or hull" Arthur! You forgot the F4 only part thing blah!

Wed Sep 10, 2014 2:22 pm

I'd join in, but I cannot even build a ship that can a more than a few hits from the AI.

Wed Sep 10, 2014 2:48 pm

Rigorous testing is allowing me to make sure every single design is inferior to my submissions. Including my hastily added initial round two designs. Expect very tough competition.

Wed Sep 10, 2014 3:42 pm

Hmm, it's very difficult to make a ship that can beat every possible design. My most recent one won 13 out of 19. I will have to make adjustments...

Wed Sep 10, 2014 4:19 pm

my probe and interceptor have both beaten every design in the test arena. Currently testing my cruiser class. It hasn't lost a match, in fact, it beat sphinx to a pulp then raped it. 10k points and then kills both times. 6k class, ontos took the suicide approach, and lost painfully both times.

Wed Sep 10, 2014 4:42 pm

Your constant bragging has made me very curious as to exactly how you are making designs that good. I will be very interested in seeing them in the contest.

Wed Sep 10, 2014 5:00 pm

I'm just so excited. I did literally no testing the first time, and that did not end well. I have figured out a strategy this time, and I really think the ai makes great use of what I have given.

I don't know how to make the testing work in the sandbox, do the ships have to be in the extra ships folder?

Currently making the faction 3 and 4 ships...

To note: I don't expect to win the 6k class, but redesigning that is hard and i'm lazy. :D

EDIT: figured out how to test, select all the ships in command mode then type test.

Wed Sep 10, 2014 5:21 pm

I noticed that it says 1500 P in this thread for the fleet 4 ship, but 1000 P on the submission form. Also, on the submission form it says "Missiles only" for the proton category.

Also, I can't tell which direction the fleet 3 core is facing.

Wed Sep 10, 2014 5:46 pm

Look at F3 ships. Then build something.

Attachments:
File comment: I made this.
3_wolf.lua [2.82 KiB]
Downloaded 5221 times

Wed Sep 10, 2014 6:17 pm
Reply to topic   [ 52 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next