View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Jun 19, 2019 12:39 am

Reply to topic  [ 1 post ] 
Open Up the Game for More Moddability . . . Please 

While modding, I've run into a couple of roadblocks. My hope is that the game Dev isn't completely finished with updating Reassembly, and is willing the open up the game a bit more so that players can create their OWN flags and properties.
I've been giving it a think, an I think that, before the officially 'last' update for the game, we really need this:

flags.lua: Allows the modder to list flags, the sub-variables those flags add, the default values for those variables, and a function to calculate the default P values of blocks affected by these properties. Redundant flags from different mods, or flags identical to vanilla flags, will overlap rather than overwrite the properties of those flags, whenever possible, but overwriting is certainly possible.

scripts.lua: Gives the modder the ability to associate functions with the above flags, add additional functions to existing flags, and/or overwrite the properties of flags. This would involve opening up the functions that use the flags seen in-game.

Thu Dec 21, 2017 12:20 pm
Reply to topic   [ 1 post ]