View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Dec 07, 2019 4:41 am

Reply to topic  [ 1 post ] 
AI Reproduction Speed 

I think that whatever algorithm for deciding when the AI should reproduce should be tweaked. There is clearly a threshhold on how fast the AI will produce children, and it is too slow in many cases. I cannot build a fleet that takes advantage of cheap ships if the AI won't actually build enough of them to count for anything.

[Reveal] Spoiler: Put another way, I want this to be a thing that the AI will do.
Attachment:
2015-08-22_00001.jpg
2015-08-22_00001.jpg [ 200.58 KiB | Viewed 1055 times ]

Now sure, there might be a variable in a config somewhere that I can tweak that will fix this, but this will not allow my fleet to go through the Wormhole and be on equal footing.

I recognize that there is some concern over performance. Too many entities on the screen at once is a bad time. With that said, my Tinkrell fleet will allow the AI to wedge itself into that position easily enough, and most of the ships in that fleet are not cheap. There should probably be a guideline for the AI to stick to that limits how many ships are present per unit space, rather than a cap on the speed that it will reproduce.

Sat Aug 22, 2015 5:27 pm
Reply to topic   [ 1 post ]