View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Dec 15, 2019 4:33 pm

Reply to topic  [ 66 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
Genetic Algorithm/Neural Network integration 

Alrighty,

here is the first exe release of the non-graphical tournament style grower. It is for win32 and will work for win64

https://www.dropbox.com/s/8jwhboep6j7bl ... t.zip?dl=0

You need to add the paths to the config file and change whatever options you want to change. I have not implemented symmetry or min thruster count on this version yet as I am running into a big bug with the mega thrusters. They appear to collide when they do not, and it is resulting in some near infinite loops. This should work, obviously with bugs. But it will go on until you end it. It will randomly generate ships based on the weights from block_data.csv and follow the orders from config.txt for as long as you leave it running. winning_ship.lua is the last ship to win. So if you leave this going for two days it will be the theoretical best ship to be created over hundreds of thousands of matches.

Please let me know what goes wrong. I am sure there will be a lot. Haha. I will try to fix the bugs for everybody

Wed May 18, 2016 2:14 pm

BattleFelon wrote:
Hell yeah, that gives me a goal time line. The tournament is at the beginning of the month right? I could totally give it rules like that, no problem. Right now my config file is focused on single ship creation. I have yet to work on a fleet generation algorithm yet, but it is for sure able to be done. I can also set a min number of thrusters. I currently have options for max number of blocks, as well as P value. I'll keep you posted

Yup. Tournament will start on the first. This one doesn't allow Terran, although if you submit a genetically grown fleet that happens to be Terran I'll have it fight against the existing submissions for S&Gs outside the normal tournament. And it's not ideal, but a Poor Man's Fleet Builder could be as simple as 'construct as many identical ships of the largest size as possible'. Actual fleet compositions could get substantially more involved, but a debut match wouldn't be a terrible thing either.

We have a Discord, too

Wed May 18, 2016 5:22 pm

old hosting site link was dead I guess.
I am looking forward to the tournament. Any particular faction I should pick? Also, If you knew where I could find a fleet to practice against it would give me a suitable target for the program. I am getting close to cross breeding and I am working out the bugs. If I get threading going I will be able to simulate many more fights and generate much better ships, but the goal is fleet generation, ship uploading, and mutation. If I get all that I truly can't wait to see what It comes up with. For some reason when I do random symmetry the non-symmetrical ships have been winning in the end more often than not.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/qh97o ... bler32.zip

This is a more recent version. Debug will not work for this version so don't mess with that in the config file. There are two types of mutators in this one. The first one has number_of_ships that you set fight in a pool style match for as many generations as you want, number_of_generations, and the winner lives on. The seconds is similar, but is a bracket style matching system where not every ship fights one another. The bracket goes much faster as a result. I can get through 1000 random ships in 15 min. the results have been interesting to say the least. There is options for symmetry, 0 = no symm, 1 = all symm, 2 = random. There is also an option for thruster target value, which will ensure the system tries to add that value of thrusters. Note that this does alllocate the points to that and takes away from total P value. So if you set thruster value higher than the total P it will crash.

I have found best results happen when I just do one generation of 1000 ships or more. That is because I haven't gotten to cross breeding the winners from each generation yet. I expect that to be next week some time. Once that happens the next generation will be the offspring of the winners and will carry on some traits. The winners will also live on into the next generation as well, to ensure their legacy!

Let me know if it works. I am excited to see where I can take this. I enjoy the challenge and I am aiming to be in an upcoming tournament. I am traveling this weekend, so progress will not be made. But I expect a beat my ship, or even an "Optimize my design" option to be in the pipeline. The week after I am aiming for fleet generation and breeding. followed by "Beat my fleet" and whatever else me or you guys think of.

Keep in mind you can also alter all the weights of the selected parts. I have been keeping it completely even for a true random experience. but it would be fun to try and limit it.

Thu May 19, 2016 7:43 pm

BattleFelon wrote:

The problem is in the pasting of the link. It's cutting off somewhere and as a result we're not getting the bulk of the URL.

We have a Discord, too

Fri May 20, 2016 5:52 pm

http://www.mediafire.com/download/qh97o ... bler32.zip

Sun May 22, 2016 1:00 pm

BattleFelon wrote:
http://www.mediafire.com/download/qh97oet9nojznwz/V-001Reassembler32.zip

Really want to try this out but doesn't work for me, missing dlls libgcc_s_dw2-1.dll and libstdc++-6.dll, maybe I'm just stupid and missed a dependency I was supposed to install...

Sat Aug 13, 2016 3:03 am
Reply to topic   [ 66 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7