[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
Anisoptera Games - View topic - Genetic Algorithm/Neural Network integration
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Sep 18, 2020 2:21 pm

Reply to topic  [ 66 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Genetic Algorithm/Neural Network integration 

Please make, so I can break. :)

Fri Mar 11, 2016 8:16 pm

It would be really great if it could read out all the information about each shape - vertex and hardpoint locations, hardpoint types etc. I've recreated it pretty well for RWDK but I know some things are wrong (like assuming ISOTRI_6 would be 6 degrees when it's 45/7 for some reason), and it would be very helpful to have a way to get definitive data rather than having to measure and extract from screenshots.

With that sort of info it would be much easier to work out which shapes should go where etc.

Fri Mar 11, 2016 9:13 pm

Sat Mar 12, 2016 12:03 pm

Sat Mar 12, 2016 12:42 pm

Witness Me!!!

I am back after a few months working on the road and I finally decided to tackle this project. I have a promising alpha, but I am again stuck where I was last time with the Reassembly command line args. I will get into that later. My program can currently generate a random ship from a selection of blocks with weighting on which ones are selected. The block data is stored in block_data.csv. I had to create a custom data file because the block geometry is not made available to me in the game data files I can find. I had to manually create the file, but it works well. Attached are some screen shots of the program working. the source code is on Github. It depends on SFML 2.3.2 and SFGUI 0.2.3 because it has a simple GUI. The GUI has been handy for debugging. It should be possible to create ships without the GUI. I will try and get that done later.

File comment: Screen shot of my program
Reassembler.png
Reassembler.png [ 52.21 KiB | Viewed 3880 times ]

https://github.com/BattleFelon/Reassembler

So, I NEED someone to help me with the command line args. Current call

./ReassemblySteam32 --HeadlessMode 1 --NetworkEnable 0 --LoadSuperFast 1 --SteamEnable 0 --TimeStampLog 0 --SandboxScript "bracket 8_ship1 8_ship2"

First off. Headless mode makes the --SandboxScript "ship" command say there are no ships at all of any kind
--SandboxScript "help ship" only executes the help command. No matter what I do i cannot get it to use the whole string "bracket ship ship" it just does bracket. single ' don't work either
Even with the Graphical sandbox I cannot call a bracket, pool, or arena from command line. bracket ship ship never starts a bracket. pool ship ship is the same. I am absolutely stuck on command line args. I tried EnableDevBindings and several other things, but it keeps failing.

I know i can figure out how to get data from the log files, but I cannot get the command line figured out, and it is the last thing in the way.

Thu May 12, 2016 3:06 pm

Here is the file opened in game

FromReassembly.jpg
FromReassembly.jpg [ 94.95 KiB | Viewed 3880 times ]

Thu May 12, 2016 3:09 pm

Thu May 12, 2016 3:21 pm

Damn you SEMICOLONS!
I'll let you know if it works. Thank you so much.

Thu May 12, 2016 3:26 pm

Still didn't take. It just did the clear command.

~/.steam/bin32/steam-runtime/run.sh /home/robv/.steam/steamapps/common/Reassembly/linux/./ReassemblySteam32 --HeadlessMode=1 --NetworkEnable=0 --LoadSuperFast=1 --SteamEnable=0 --SandboxScript="clear; view; sleep 5; arena '/home/robv/Desktop/8_Ship2.lua' '/home/robv/Desktop/8_Ship.lua'; sleep 1; quit; "

I'm guessing it has something to do with the fact I am on linux. Will have to try on windows. Coding on windows. .... nooooo

Thu May 12, 2016 5:13 pm

Figured out that my command line arguments were not being taken as a string value because of how terminal on Linux processes arguments. I got it to actually read my commands and I still have issues with it finding ships. I give it the full path to the ship. I can't one line a bracket or pool in sandbox either. I have to manually select the ships and just type in "bracket" and it starts a round.

Do I have to make the ships in a fleet file?

again, calling ship from command line with headless leads to it saying it doesn't recognize any ships.This is the last barrier. I improved the code and added thruster compatibility so it knows thruster attachments from regular ones. I am also close on symmetric ship building. I have changed up my data files to more human readable, and I plan on coding a dependency free version of the program that will run on linux and windows soon. I do that in hopes of letting as many people use it as possible. I will try and make directly executable binaries available as well. Try and keep it simple.

But it can't do much without tournament calling from command line. If anybody has gotten it to work please let me know. I wanna get this working so damn bad, and I am so close!!!

Fri May 13, 2016 9:25 am
Reply to topic   [ 66 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next