[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
Anisoptera Games - View topic - Genetic Algorithm/Neural Network integration
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Sep 18, 2020 1:18 pm

Reply to topic  [ 66 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Genetic Algorithm/Neural Network integration 

More command line issues. See attached log. I cant even get the basic "ship" command to return anything in headlessmode. When I check the log it doesnt find any ship files at all. Everything changes when I go into non-headless mode. All i change is the arg value and I end up being able to have the tournament, but I have to have graphics on to do it.

Im so close to having a mildly functional program... so close, yet so far. Thanks for any help. :D

Attachments:
headless.txt [7.17 KiB]
Downloaded 141 times
Mon Aug 24, 2015 8:10 pm

more command line issues. See attached log. I cant even get the basic "ship" command to return anything in headlessmode. When I check the log it doesnt find any ship files at all. Everything changes when I go into non-headless mode. All i change is the arg value and I end up being able to have the tournament, but I have to have graphics on to do it.

Im so close to having a mildly functional program... so close, yet so far. Thanks for any help. :D

Mon Aug 24, 2015 8:13 pm

What a design...
How about teaching it about the symmetry?

Edit: and I think I'm seeing some illegal cannon placement here and there in your screenshot.

Tue Aug 25, 2015 7:15 am

Yeah, it is currently having issues with making impossible ship designs. There is a possible workaround if the devs give me a variable for part attachment distance. They mentioned it in a previous post. If I make that large enough I could make a large spiral distribution of the parts in the Lua and the program would throw it together with less overlap. I could also possibly use the parts list data table from a previous post to better place parts.

Right now I am stuck because I can't get headless mode to spit out tournament results. Running in full graphics mode will be a slow way of evolving the ships.

Tue Aug 25, 2015 8:19 am

Is the command you're using very similar to the one you posted in mini-chat (pasted below for reference)?

Reassembly --HeadlessMode 1 --SandboxScript="pool Ship_1.lua Ship_2.lua" --EnableDevBindings 1 --TimestampLog 0 --NetworkEnable 0 --LoadSuperFast 1 --SteamEnable 0

If that's the case, the only thing I can think is that the Headless code and GUI code are looking for ships in different locations. Are your ships in Reassembly\data\ships\ or in Reassembly\data\extra_ships\ ?

It also appeared from your log that the command received is:

Reassembly --HeadlessMode 1 --SandboxScript="ship"

If that's the case, it's trying to load a ship named "ship" and undoubtedly having a hard time of it. As for the output, when it runs from command line does it spit out results? If you're running from a batch job, it might be worth redirecting the output to a separate log file of your own choosing. One log for system, one log for output.

EDIT:

I also checked your logs from Monday evening and saw this from your headless execution:

[DESERIALIZE] Lost 68 blocks patching (Ship_1: 61, 0P)
[DESERIALIZE] Lost 36 blocks patching (Ship_2: 89, 0P)

It seems a lot of the content generated by the automated system is being wasted. I'm thinking a more guided system may allow increased ship variety simply by enforcing rules that create functional ships. If half the ship is getting trimmed by patching, it's just going to cause problems anyway. There was also this:

[win32] Win32Main.cpp:327:error: FindFirstFile('C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Reassembly\Ship_1.lua\*') failed: 0x10b The directory name is invalid.
[win32] Win32Main.cpp:327:error: FindFirstFile('C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Reassembly\Ship_2.lua\*') failed: 0x10b The directory name is invalid.

Almost seems to me to be looking for a file in those directories. If you can't get it to actually load your files in headless mode, you may be able to manipulate that. "Ship0", "Ship1", "Ship2", "Ship3" etc directories then rotate which LUA is in each one of those directories. Then you won't have to rename files or alter your command line, which would make the automation process slightly easier.

So I think the next step I'd pursue is determining whether the ships that it 'loaded' were actually your ships or if there is something else going on. It's worth noting that for both ships, the "FindFirstFile" error happened before the DESERIALIZE errors. It almost feels like the game may have tried to generate ships at random too, but I have no visibility into the code. All the messages above that, however, seem to indicate that the Ship_1.lua and Ship_2.lua were never loaded.

Second, and something that dawned on me recently (and maybe not for the first time), is that in many cases ships with higher P values tend to be stronger than ships with lower P values. It probably stands to reason that the generator should be aware of the value of the ship and place some kind of upper limit. And perhaps continue to add blocks until it reaches that upper limit. Then, when the system works fluidly, it could be possible to evolve ships of different sizes, too. Fighter sized ships, mid sized ships, and capital ships.

Last edited by MonsPubis on Tue Aug 25, 2015 9:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Aug 25, 2015 8:59 am

I have tried placing the ship files in many locations. They successfully open from the extra_ships folder right now in non-headless mode. It seems like it is looking for it in the Reassembly base folder for some reason, but if I add the .lua extension in the command line args it brings up the error you highlighted. But when I just use the Ship_1 name it doesnt seem to find it in headless mode.

I was using the SandboxScript="ship" just to see what the program could identify. When I make that call normally anyways it will list all the ships it does recognize, and in this case it deosn't recognize anything. In non-headless mode when I make this call I will end up with a list of ships.

Tue Aug 25, 2015 9:16 am

Ive tried running it with many command line args to try and get it to run. haha. So far I cant get it to go. if I have the .lua extension it tries to begin the match and it doesn't actually do anything after that. Even if I use ship files I did not create it still doesnt give me the output I need. It is a bizarre error. Im trying to program it to do a graphical run so when I get this resolved it will be ready with the rest of the code. I can run it while at work anyways.

Reassembly --HeadlessMode 1 --SandboxScript="pool Ship_1.lua Ship_2.lua" --EnableDevBindings 1 --TimestampLog 0 --NetworkEnable 0 --LoadSuperFast 1 --SteamEnable 0

is one of the modes I have tried.

Tue Aug 25, 2015 9:21 am

I apparently make a million posts. I don't actually have a directory for each ship. Ship_1.lua and Ship_2.lua are the files, but for some reason when I call pool Ship_1.lua Ship_2.lua it does that path error. When I call pool Ship_1 Ship_2 it doesn't find it.

Tue Aug 25, 2015 9:29 am

Maybe you could try creating a directory "Ships" and putting the files then, then calling it with "Ships" instead of the actual filenames.

Thu Aug 27, 2015 1:47 pm

Sat Oct 10, 2015 3:16 pm
Reply to topic   [ 66 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next