[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
Anisoptera Games - View topic - Genetic Algorithm/Neural Network integration
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Sep 18, 2020 12:47 pm

Reply to topic  [ 66 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next
Genetic Algorithm/Neural Network integration 

Sat Aug 22, 2015 8:42 pm

File comment: Screen Shot of the randomly generated ships
Random.png
Random.png [ 221.28 KiB | Viewed 2726 times ]

Well, I have a functioning system for ship generation. It doesn't limit P value yet, but it does do a good job of creating truly random ships. Ships that would make no sense otherwise. I am now going to try and make a crossover program so it can evolve the ships to hopefully better designs, because the random designs are exactly as bad as predicted. Will continue to post progress.

Mon Aug 24, 2015 5:11 am

If you can change the priority of the block generation, I think you should increases the value of the hull blocks, as you may end up with 90% of gunbed otherwise (as already showed by your screenshot)

Mon Aug 24, 2015 5:58 am

From the looks of things it seems like increasing the priority of hull blocks like cornbre said, as well as the priority of thrusters would give more practical ship designs, as most of the ships only seem to have one thruster, often facing in an odd direction.

But giving them the same priority as other parts would make the ship designs ever more random, so it's more up to how you want the generator to behave.

Mon Aug 24, 2015 6:18 am

Yeah, it sort of depends on what bias I want to give the program. I am for sure thinking of not having thrusters in the initial parts list. I'll run a separate build loop after the main body is built to make thrusters. This way I would end up with more thustlers and less holes in the ship. I think giving hull bias is a good idea. This was more experimental than anything.

Theoretically, given enough time, the random ship maker would end up with thrusters on the outside, plenty of hull, and so on. It just depends on how patient I can be. Haha. Given that I can't run automatically all day I will probably have to build in some bias. If my program could call the tournament functions I could run it for days and get thousands of generations. At thousands of generations I probably wouldn't need to build much bias.

I only somewhat wanna keep the randomness because the more random the solutions it proposes, the more creative the design will be. It just might take forever. Ha.

Mon Aug 24, 2015 7:04 am

I think I've fought worse-designed Agents than that, actually. :lol:

Mon Aug 24, 2015 7:47 am
Site Admin

Mon Aug 24, 2015 11:59 am

Hey arthur, I am having some issues with the command line arguments. The SandboxScript "arena" isn't being recongized. I am running it with graphics just to make sure it runs. I haven't gotten a log to be produced yet. Pool and bracket would be good options, but I can't get the argument to see the whole string. Calling reassembly.exe --SandboxScript "pool 20_Ship_1 20_Ship_2" gives me an error as though I didn't type in any ship names. The same thing happens with "help pool". I get the help rerun and not just the pool help return. Any ideas on how I can properly call pool or arena?

Mon Aug 24, 2015 12:03 pm

Apparently I cant read. Figured out why arena wasn't showing. Heavy sigh :?

Mon Aug 24, 2015 2:49 pm

Stuck on log input. Cant seem to get Reassembly to put the winners in the log. When i run in headless mode I get the 6.58.57.PM.txt log.

When I run with graphics I get the 6.57.15.PM.txt log file. I can see the winners in the graphical mode in the log, but not in the headless.

My command line argument

Command line: Reassembly --HeadlessMode 1 --EnableDevBindings 1 --TimestampLog 0 --NetworkEnable 0 --LoadSuperFast 1 --SteamEnable 0 --SandboxScript="arena Ship_1.lua Ship_2.lua"

Any particular place I should put the ship files. It doesn't seem to like where I put them much, but maybe I am just reading the log wrong.

Attachments:
Reassembly_log_20150824_06.57.15.PM.txt [89.55 KiB]
Downloaded 150 times
Reassembly_log_20150824_06.58.57.PM.txt [8.31 KiB]
Downloaded 155 times
Mon Aug 24, 2015 4:07 pm
Reply to topic   [ 66 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next