View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Sep 18, 2019 7:27 am

Reply to topic  [ 22 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
New Component Flags & syntax Suggestion List 

⃠▲√●
Agent S-315:
MAGNETIC: The block home towards any nearby components unless those components have the ENVIRONMENT flags. Useful for immobile projectiles, or a magnetic blocks. However there are positive and negative charge versions of it, PLUS and MINUS will be subflags that determine this attribute if you want them to be fixed in one charge, PLUS came in contact PLUS => Repelled away from the other, PLUS with MINUS => Attract each other. If the subflag were not determined then it will shift charges randomly. Will not work against SEED and PLANT unless they have MAGNETIC flags too.

METALLIC: This flag is just for overriding the ENVIRONMENTAL and SEED flags so they can be attracted by MAGNETIC and all the parents components of a SEED. Also it will prevent NATURAL flags from being activated on a component if it's attached to a SEED.
NATURAL: Defy MAGNETIC powers from having any effect on the components... This will also be automatically activated when any components is attached to a SEED (Unless overrided by the above METALLIC).

ANTIMISSILE: An explosive block which was designed to not explode against anything it came in contact. Made only to detonate against any components that have the EXPLODE flags. May be used for creating hull blocks for protection against missiles or a harmless missile which only seeks other missiles.

ABLATIVE: Block were immune against explosive damage, but suffer against non-explosive weaponry

REFLECT: Reflect beams and lasers to another direction.

DEFLECT: Deflect while absorb and resists a portion of damage from projectiles weapons. Won't deflect explosives.

SHOCKWAVE: Another new type of weaponry which emits a single wave on a limited arc or completely circulatory.

EMP: Weapon has some chances to disable components. This may apply to be used on missile too, and if a missile is hit with a weapon of this flag, will have some probability to disable all their flags for a while. Can deactivates MAGNETIC flags if weapon hit.

ANCHOR: A new kind of root block that allow you to connect to terrains asteroids (however the anchor roots will slowly lose it's HP the longer it connect to terrain) and any DOCK components of other ships (Which they will not suffer any side effect doing so) automatically, it will allow you to disconnect whenever you like with specific hotkey.

DOCK: Allow other ships with ANCHOR to attach themselves to this component... It will also use its special tractor beam to reorients the ANCHOR components of other allied ships to force them to dock with you if you like, however it can only do that one at a times for a while, and have to wait to recharge...

DEPLOYER_ROOT: This root allow you to connect and disconnect from terrain without any side effect, however it cannot DOCK! More than one might be allowed if arthur have his attention.

BLASTSHIELD: The block have the ability to block explosive damage, make a "safezone" shadows when something explode and it was in range. This mean it prevent explosive balls from passing through it, does not immune to explosive damage through...

PLASMATHROWER: This new kind of weapon behaves similarly to the default CANNON weapon flag, but with an exception that they do not produces recoils... They tend to fires a fumes of halo of plasmas that can extend themselves like a flame while launched.

antiDroneDmgbonus: Weapon has a double damage buff against drones by default, This can be changed by entering a number above or below (+)100%, like "antiDroneDmgbonus=+(or -)90%" (and if the buff is of negative value it will not show "anti-drone" label in the description of weaponries).

antiProjDmgbonus: Bonus damage against physical projectiles. However it will use a separate value if another damage buff flags like ↑ above is present, "antiProjDmgbonus=+X%".

antiShieldDmgbonus: Bonus damage against shields, or negative buff with it. This would be helpful as a rebalance syntax.

slowAgainstMissiles: Weapon has a chance to reduce acceleration of incoming torpedoes or missiles when it hit them --> slowAgainstMissiles=60% is an example. The percentage amount is how much velocity will be reduced at maximum, they cannot stacks above that percent... This cannot be above 90%. The P count will be applied if this syntax is present on one of the weapons

slowAgainstDrones: Like above but only with drones...

damageOverTime: Once a weapon hit a target's hull they had a chance to apply DOT damage to them, which corrodes or flaming the target for a while, these will not work against shields... [damageOverTime=X value]

LordHavoc:
[STICKY] - block can stick to another block on contact with limited force. Can unstick (with a stickyness variable) if enough counter-force is applied.

zombiesrocks:
PROXY: Multiplies block's durability by 100; All damage to non-PROXY blocks is nullified, and the PROXY block takes the damage instead. Melee damage will not be absorbed by the PROXY. Multiple PROXY blocks will share absorbed damage. If a PROXY block is not connected to a COMMAND block, it is inert and does nothing.

TRANSIENT_TRACTOR: A blockfeature version of the "TRACTOR_TRANSIENT" aiflag. Enables the ship to acquire a transient for every TRANSIENT_TRACTOR block on it. The block is automatic, so no player bindings needed, and the player-controlled ship can acquire transients this way. Max transients is equal to the number of TRANSIENT_TRACTOR blocks on it. Factions that have TRACTOR_TRANSIENT in their default aiflags are able to obtain more transients even when all TRANSIENT_TRACTOR blocks are used.

danny420dale:
[FLYPAPER] Like Sticky, just more so, costs P, and maybe with a bit of melee damage bonus. Coat something like a Lancier with this, and drop em in fly-infested areas!

[ARMORPIERCING] Shots from a weapon with this flag have a chance [settable with any decimal between 0 and 1, 1 meaning the shot passes through all blocks it intersects with a 100% chance] at penetrating more than one target block, damaging or destroying them. Chance is then modified by the sine of the angle the shot strikes the target. This means sharply-raked armor plates or hits landing at shallow angles have a high likelihood of ricocheting off instead of penetrating.

I'd imagine block durability would also modify the penetration-vs-ricochet chances as well. This would model the extra resistance stronger material would provide against projectiles attempting to penetrate it.

DarkWingedDaemon:
[INTEGRITY] - This block generates a structural integrity field that reduces all damage inxflicted upon blocks within it's radius. The amount of damage reduced is equal to the armor variable in the integrity table. Alternatively the field could increase the maximum hp of the affected blocks, or provide a passive hp regeneration buff. All blocks affected by the field would have a glowing outline that matches the color of the field.

Ha11uc1n0g3n:
COMMAND_BOOST

This flag would function similarly to the CANNON_BOOST flag/blocks but would attach to the command module along any of it's nodes. Possible variations include but are not limited to:

Hull Reassembly Boost: All Blocks in the ship regrow +X HP/sec (Currently the growthRate of a Block is multiplied by the 3HP/Sec growthRate CVAR. To eliminate unintentional scaling I would suggest that his Boost Block simply add +X HP/Sec rather than get factored into the growthRate CVAR calculation).

Hull Integrity(HP) Boost: Very similar to the block flag listed by DarkWingedDaemon above, this would add +X HP to every block composing the ship.

Critical Countermeasures Boost:: I admit that this particular idea is a bit far-fetched but.... The idea would be to add +X HP growthRate to the entire ship for 3 seconds as soon as the ship's HP fell below a certain threshold (perhaps 1/6th of the ship's remaining HP?) . Once the block triggered it would begin to deserialize as the ship regained HP and would only completely deserialize by the end of the 3 seconds. For this feature I would suggest that any block assigned the feature would deaden all attachable nodes but 1 (the one you would use to attach the block to the command module) to ensure your ship didn't fall apart because you accidentally made the CcM (critical countermeasures :) ) block an integral part of the ship's skeletal structure. TO this end, I think (and really really hope it's implemented!!) that any given blocks attachment nodes could carry their own traits and be assignable like Features are for blocks as a whole (i.e. side1Node=ATTACHMENT, side2Node=LAUNCHER|ATTACHMENT (this could either be used as a launcher tube or a regular attachment node), side3Node=DEAD, etc.

Targeting Computer Boost: This COMMAND_BOOST would potentially increase the turretSpeed, muzzleVel (without any kickback? :D), and range of only those weapons attached to the ship with the Autofire trait and only while they were bound to Point Defense. I would say "decrease spread" as well but I think whether you want your defenses to spread or narrow their angle of fire is largely dependent on how the defense operates and thus should most likely not be effected.3

Onboard AI Boost: This COMMAND_BOOST is not so much of a boost as it is something I think could be really fun. This COMMAND_BOOST would allow the ship's controller to use a hotkey to turn the ship's controls over to the AI allowing the player to focus on weapons fire, target locks, building ships, and when it's implemented....giving commands to the rest of your fleet using the command mode. As it stands, the control scheme of "Cursor Rotates Ship" requires that your ship turn to where the turrets are pointed which is, needless to say, not ideal to get the most out of your turret mounted weapons. On the other hand, the option "KeyBoard Rotates Ship" solves the issue of your ship turning to meet your turrets all of the time but lacks overall precision as your ship often jumps a distance with each key tap rather than rotating smoothly. This COMMAND_BOOST would solve those issues and could make for an interesting "side-play" mode. As it stands, often if a weapon is turret mounted (as fun as they are) I set them to autofire or point defense and go about my business (this make me sad :( )

DISEASE or ROTTEN or INFECTIOUS ....something like that

This would be a flag for environmental blocks that would cause the blocks to slowly lose HP and fall apart. However, the rate of decay would be start slowy and increase in speed so that seeds could potentially be launched into space carrying the flag, land and begin to regrow only to fall apart and spread the flag to other blocks it touched or touches. I see how this could pose an incredible threat and honestly could ruin a game that had been running along time but simply coming across the wrong ship at the wrong time but I think the idea would be fun to play around with; maybe set something where a plant will randomly get the flag every so often which will be allowed to spread up to the maximum of X effected blocks before everything that still had the flag would die taking it with them and space would be safe again until the next random spawn.

I have more ideas but as usual I've written too much already and no one will probably read this :(

But I hope you do and offer feedback!

tl:dr COMMAND_BOOSTs to modify or boost overall ship systems, DISEASE or ENTROPY coming around every so often to wreak some havoc on space before disappearing again.

Someone may adopt:
http://reassembly.wikia.com/

Last edited by Agent S-315 on Mon Jul 13, 2015 11:24 pm, edited 51 times in total.

Tue May 19, 2015 8:23 pm

Ooh yes we modders like lots of flags/behaviours

To contribute

[STICKY] - block can stick to another block on contact with limited force. Can unstick (with a stickyness variable) if enough counter-force is applied.

Fri May 22, 2015 4:20 am

[FLYPAPER] Like Sticky, just more so, costs P, and maybe with a bit of melee damage bonus. Coat something like a Lancier with this, and drop em in fly-infested areas!

Muzzle Brake. Because not everyone is a fan of Noisy Crickets!

Empire of the Red Sun

Fri May 22, 2015 7:09 am

[INTEGRITY] - This block generates a structural integrity field that reduces all damage inxflicted upon blocks within it's radius. The amount of damage reduced is equal to the armor variable in the integrity table. Alternatively the field could increase the maximum hp of the affected blocks, or provide a passive hp regeneration buff. All blocks affected by the field would have a glowing outline that matches the color of the field.

Fri May 22, 2015 11:06 am

COMMAND_BOOST

This flag would function similarly to the CANNON_BOOST flag/blocks but would attach to the command module along any of it's nodes. Possible variations include but are not limited to:

Hull Reassembly Boost: All Blocks in the ship regrow +X HP/sec (Currently the growthRate of a Block is multiplied by the 3HP/Sec growthRate CVAR. To eliminate unintentional scaling I would suggest that his Boost Block simply add +X HP/Sec rather than get factored into the growthRate CVAR calculation).

Hull Integrity(HP) Boost: Very similar to the block flag listed by DarkWingedDaemon above, this would add +X HP to every block composing the ship.

Critical Countermeasures Boost:: I admit that this particular idea is a bit far-fetched but.... The idea would be to add +X HP growthRate to the entire ship for 3 seconds as soon as the ship's HP fell below a certain threshold (perhaps 1/6th of the ship's remaining HP?) . Once the block triggered it would begin to deserialize as the ship regained HP and would only completely deserialize by the end of the 3 seconds. For this feature I would suggest that any block assigned the feature would deaden all attachable nodes but 1 (the one you would use to attach the block to the command module) to ensure your ship didn't fall apart because you accidentally made the CcM (critical countermeasures :) ) block an integral part of the ship's skeletal structure. TO this end, I think (and really really hope it's implemented!!) that any given blocks attachment nodes could carry their own traits and be assignable like Features are for blocks as a whole (i.e. side1Node=ATTACHMENT, side2Node=LAUNCHER|ATTACHMENT (this could either be used as a launcher tube or a regular attachment node), side3Node=DEAD, etc.

Targeting Computer Boost: This COMMAND_BOOST would potentially increase the turretSpeed, muzzleVel (without any kickback? :D), and range of only those weapons attached to the ship with the Autofire trait and only while they were bound to Point Defense. I would say "decrease spread" as well but I think whether you want your defenses to spread or narrow their angle of fire is largely dependent on how the defense operates and thus should most likely not be effected.3

Onboard AI Boost: This COMMAND_BOOST is not so much of a boost as it is something I think could be really fun. This COMMAND_BOOST would allow the ship's controller to use a hotkey to turn the ship's controls over to the AI allowing the player to focus on weapons fire, target locks, building ships, and when it's implemented....giving commands to the rest of your fleet using the command mode. As it stands, the control scheme of "Cursor Rotates Ship" requires that your ship turn to where the turrets are pointed which is, needless to say, not ideal to get the most out of your turret mounted weapons. On the other hand, the option "KeyBoard Rotates Ship" solves the issue of your ship turning to meet your turrets all of the time but lacks overall precision as your ship often jumps a distance with each key tap rather than rotating smoothly. This COMMAND_BOOST would solve those issues and could make for an interesting "side-play" mode. As it stands, often if a weapon is turret mounted (as fun as they are) I set them to autofire or point defense and go about my business (this make me sad :( )

DISEASE or ROTTEN or INFECTIOUS ....something like that

This would be a flag for environmental blocks that would cause the blocks to slowly lose HP and fall apart. However, the rate of decay would be start slowy and increase in speed so that seeds could potentially be launched into space carrying the flag, land and begin to regrow only to fall apart and spread the flag to other blocks it touched or touches. I see how this could pose an incredible threat and honestly could ruin a game that had been running along time but simply coming across the wrong ship at the wrong time but I think the idea would be fun to play around with; maybe set something where a plant will randomly get the flag every so often which will be allowed to spread up to the maximum of X effected blocks before everything that still had the flag would die taking it with them and space would be safe again until the next random spawn.

I have more ideas but as usual I've written too much already and no one will probably read this :(

But I hope you do and offer feedback!

tl:dr COMMAND_BOOSTs to modify or boost overall ship systems, DISEASE or ENTROPY coming around every so often to wreak some havoc on space before disappearing again.

Thanks for reading!
- Ha11uc1n0g3n

Fri May 22, 2015 5:59 pm

Since my other post was huge already I just wanted to say I love the other ideas in this thread and would be thrilled to have all of them. There's some really cool stuff here that I either hadn't thought of or hadn't thought it would function the way you guys described it. Anyway, totally cool!

LordHavoc wrote:
Ooh yes we modders like lots of flags/behaviours

To contribute

LordHavoc I 2nd this!! I had been working on a fun idea the other night and was really wishing I could have this property because what I was looking to do was....:D

Launch a high density block into another ship and have it stick, thereby slowing the ship dramatically or causing it to spin wildly out of control until the Stickiness lifetime expired. Oh man that would be fun :) Unfortunately, the only things that seem to have any kind of stickness are seeds and they only stick to blocks with the environmental Feature.

Fri May 22, 2015 6:10 pm

ANCHOR: A new kind of root block that allow you to connect to terrains asteroids (however the anchor roots will slowly lose it's HP the longer it connect to terrain) and any DOCK components of other ships (Which they will not suffer any side effect doing so), it will allow you to disconnect whenever you like with specific hotkey.

DOCK: Allow other ships with ANCHOR to attach themselves to this component... It will also use its special tractor beam to catches any flying seeds which has no COMMAND in them and breaks them down for 10 R, however they only do it for 5 times for a while, and have to wait to recharge...

DEPLOYER_ROOT: This root allow you to connect and disconnect from terrain without any side effect, however it cannot DOCK! More than one might be allowed if arthur have his attention.

Someone may adopt:

Wed May 27, 2015 7:55 am

BLASTSHIELD: The block have the ability to block explosive damage, make a "safezone" shadows when something explode and it was in range. This mean it prevent explosive balls from passing through it, does not immune to explosive damage through...

Someone may adopt:

Thu Jun 04, 2015 4:19 am

PROXY: Multiplies block's durability by 100; All damage to non-PROXY blocks is nullified, and the PROXY block takes the damage instead. Melee damage will not be absorbed by the PROXY. Multiple PROXY blocks will share absorbed damage. If a PROXY block is not connected to a COMMAND block, it is inert and does nothing.

Tue Jun 16, 2015 6:40 am

TRANSIENT_TRACTOR: A blockfeature version of the "TRACTOR_TRANSIENT" aiflag. Enables the ship to acquire a transient for every TRANSIENT_TRACTOR block on it. The block is automatic, so no player bindings needed, and the player-controlled ship can acquire transients this way. Max transients is equal to the number of TRANSIENT_TRACTOR blocks on it. Factions that have TRACTOR_TRANSIENT in their default aiflags are able to obtain more transients even when all TRANSIENT_TRACTOR blocks are used.

Tue Jun 16, 2015 6:46 am
Reply to topic   [ 22 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next