View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Aug 24, 2019 6:05 pm

Reply to topic  [ 11 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
politics 

Any opinions?

Mon Feb 15, 2016 12:46 pm

No!
(I not Unitedstatesian ;p)

Mon Feb 15, 2016 1:27 pm

Wow, um, that's one way to bring up that discussion...

First of all you can let us know what country you're in, since each one has their own little special politicstuff going on right now. Also there's a user who made a ship called the Battlestar Bernie Sanders if that's any clue

Murderballs Faction Mod ver 1.2

Join us at our Reassembly Discord!

Mon Feb 15, 2016 1:46 pm

Whether you Feel the Bern or Pump for Trump, that's between you and our Lord. I have no right to tell yall whom to vote for, just make sure yall vote!

I for one want my tax dollars helping people get their healthcare instead of helping CEOs get their third jet and ninth boat.

Muzzle Brake. Because not everyone is a fan of Noisy Crickets!

Empire of the Red Sun

Mon Feb 15, 2016 2:39 pm

I myself am in the Bernie >>>>> Trump > Hillary boat; however I can't tell how much of Trump's antics are real and how much of it is him just strategically playing up the crowd...

Mon Feb 15, 2016 2:44 pm

Quick question:
I don't understand how someone like Trump is so "high in the survey" (well, media's one).
Care to explain? O.o

Tue Feb 16, 2016 2:31 am

Quote:
I don't understand how someone like Trump is so "high in the survey" (well, media's one).
Care to explain? O.o

Some of what he says are very truthful things that no other politician would openly comment on. People are angry about a lot of things and like that he has the balls to openly say what people are already thinking.
Other things he comes out with are complete garbage.

This is America, there are many things wrong, and this is the most entertaining douche on stage. Even if you don't want him as president, he'll rate highly in the surveys.

As for the Democrats, I like Bernie because he's not Clinton ... this is what our choices boil down to. Pathetic.

/end commentary ;)

Tue Feb 16, 2016 5:42 am

Cornebre wrote:
Quick question:
Care to explain? O.o

Sure! Although his speeches are appallingly simple and nothing but catchphrases, I'm under the impression that's he's just playing the system to beat the system and hopefully change the system. I don't really think he plans on spending billions to hunt down and deport all muslims, he's just saying it so he can gnab all the loopy Americans and then work his way up with the support he has gained. Currently I see him playing this presidential-candidate game as a businessman and not a politician, and if he runs the country with a non-politician style things might change for the better or worse-then-better. If he "makes America great again" then great end of story, if his craziness sends the country the wrong direction, then hopefully it will shake things enough that changes for the better will be made, or in other words we might end up rebuilding from the ashes but at least the old system will no longer be the same.

Ultimately I don't actually know what is going on in Trump's mind and maybe he actually is as crazy as he seems, but the way he can take the majority of the votes in the Republican primaries clues me in that he's playing the game his own way and winning it, and I respect that. Hillary on the other hand, I'm relatively sure what her intentions are, and I'm not really chummy with it, although she seems to also be pretty good at playing the game keeping neck-and-neck with Bernie even while having a declining public image and seeming really shady it takes some skill to be a major threat to Bernie and I also respect that.

So basically I can't read Trump's intentions very well, and I don't really like Hillary's intentions, if they end up being the nominees I wouldn't bother voting for either of them.

Tue Feb 16, 2016 6:55 am

Trump's playing the GOP base by forcing Fox News and GOP leaders into lying into the bed of racism they've made. The Iraq/Vietnam War and Bush/Kissinger comparisons are just delightful bits of knife-twisting. Hillary is nice bonus collateral damage due to her close ties with that mass-murderer Kissinger.

What I'm hoping to see is replacement of First Past the Post with runoff voting so we can break this two-party stalemate, as well.

Muzzle Brake. Because not everyone is a fan of Noisy Crickets!

Empire of the Red Sun

Tue Feb 16, 2016 7:20 am

Why do I have the feeling that, whatever the occidental country your in (with an election), the extreme are always seen as little demon that people still vote for? O.o

Tue Feb 16, 2016 7:51 am
Reply to topic   [ 11 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next