[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 384: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
Anisoptera Games - View topic - Explaining my leave of absence from life.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Aug 08, 2020 11:14 pm

Reply to topic  [ 13 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Explaining my leave of absence from life. 

Spoilers don't f*cking work >:(

Right, i've been away from lots of online activities for quite awhile simply because i've been
busy with lots of shit!

First of all: I had my operation to remove a lump in my tit that may or may not be teh supir cancirs.

Censored any revealing shit.

Then: Working on gun models.

Also: Working on new sprites for ships on the DHC and Litherian range. (Shellcore command forums will know.)

Mienkraft build:

http://imgur.com/a/tLrlP#0

Finally: Remixing orchestra songs into modern songs, some songs into 8 Bit versions, the works.

Links coming soon.

Fri Jun 27, 2014 11:40 pm
Site Admin

Glad you are healthy! Making stuff is the best, right?

What program do you use for pixel art? 3d modeling?

Sun Jul 06, 2014 11:09 pm

Wed Jul 09, 2014 7:41 am

Paint? Microsoft Paint? *loses all faith in humanity*

Humans continue to produce ever more powerful weapons of war...

Wed Jul 09, 2014 9:41 am

If a job is done well but in a stupid way, it isn't stupid.

Fri Jul 11, 2014 5:37 am

Wed Jul 16, 2014 12:34 am

You are saying that MS Paint is more advanced than MS Paint. And I did not say a word about Paint.NET.

Humans continue to produce ever more powerful weapons of war...

Wed Jul 16, 2014 7:22 am

:/

Avoir, are the ships terrible?

Wed Jul 16, 2014 5:12 pm

Horizon, I have seen a *lot* of sprited ships in my time and I can say that yours are not terrible by any means.
They are somewhat flat though, although you put some shading in, they lack a clear sense of depth.
take this ship from FTL: http://i497.photobucket.com/albums/rr33 ... 1_base.png
There is a light source coming from the top right, and as such there are visible shadows and highlights that let you figure out what parts are higher/lower than others. Shading of this sort instantly makes sprites look better.
The shading helps make the ship feel 3d, as you can tell what parts are meant to be curved and such, see the huge difference that is made when I remove the shading on part of the ship:

It changes from being a curved slope down to a lower layer, into two separate flat layers.

This isn't the only way to add depth/detail to sprites, but it's just one way that came to mind, don't be afraid to use tutorials, not to mention that looking at others work can help you figure out how to do things.

Also, MSPaint is a decent tool, it is limited by not having layers and transparency, but you shouldn't instantly put something down because it was made in Paint.

Wed Jul 16, 2014 6:35 pm

Thank you for the reply, however my ships were created due to interest in the SCC sprites as shown here:

Rather flat as the ships are.

I might take up interest in learning to add depth later but as for now it stands as it is.

Wed Jul 16, 2014 10:00 pm
Reply to topic   [ 13 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next