|Remastered Tournament: April 19th, Full Range Rollout
|Page 1 of 1|
|Author:||Flypaste [ Thu Apr 04, 2019 10:04 pm ]|
|Post subject:||Remastered Tournament: April 19th, Full Range Rollout|
Once you get past all the technical difficulties... and sicknesses... the April 1st tournament went quite well. So well in fact that I'm rolling the range change out to all factions!
Oh yes also, the first ReRe faction module has been released, called Starlit. Go check it out! It's like tinkrell except not really.
- Subpool format. We will try to have 5 fleets per pool. Fleets added to pools based on how good I think they look. Ships go with ships, crude geometric shapes go with crude geometric shapes.
- If you want to submit 2 fleets, you can, but they must be different factions and will not share a pool.
- 90hz physics tick rate.
- 16,000p fleet cost limit.
- 3 minute match timer.
- 30,000 arena size.
- Soft arena border
- Damage taken scoring mode
Legal ReRe Module submissions:
- No spinners of any speed.
- No ships without any weapons.
- No ships that glitch out and spam blocks all over breaking the game seriously don't do that.
- Ships must not have multiple cores or be built using any blocks tagged as [ILLEGAL IN TOURNIES].
- Out of the vanilla factions, only Terran, Red, Farmer, & Bee submissions will be accepted. No multifaction ships and no multifaction fleets.
- Ships must have a minimum of 25 acceleration. If you are unsure whether your ship is too slow, you can check by selecting it in sandbox or by sending it to me.
Note that if you're unfamiliar with reassembly's acceleration values, 25 acceleration is roughly a 12000 mass ship being moved by 320kn of thrust.
- I've been too sick this week to do any real bugfixing, so I'm just banning the blocks instead: Don't use bee superheavy drones & don't use afterburners. Thanks babe.
- Station cores: A ship with a station core must have an acceleration below 25 no matter which direction the core faces and is allowed to spin so long as it moves slowly, bypassing the minimum speed and spinner rules. Make sure the station doesn't fly apart when I try to rotate the core in the editor.
I reserve the right to veto a ship using a station core arbitrarily. The core will be replaced with something else in a future update which will break your ship. Build with it at your own risk.
- Please note there is currently a glitch with noclip blocks. If you know what the glitch is, do not abuse it or I will reject your submission. If you do not know what the glitch is, don't worry as you are unlikely to exploit it unknowingly.
Obviously, the tournament will be running with the Reassembly Remastered balance mod. Build your ships accordingly... though if you're exceptionally lazy many vanilla ships can be submitted directly with half their thrusters removed as the only modification.
You do not need to re-learn the game to be competitive with this mod.
Send your delicious fleets to my email: email@example.com, or DM them to me in Discord. Submission deadline is when the stream goes live at 9pm CST (GMT -5) on April 19th.
The tournament will be co-streamed with my buddy pal Dukeslobber. You can catch us on his youtube channel here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCr87EZ ... EBLfBvfaEA
If we have our own fleets participating in the tournament, they will be finalized before seeing any submissions.
Though I have shown an inability to keep it updated, the Fleet & Stream Archive can be found here: http://www.nomoress.com/remastered/
If you do not want your fleet uploaded to the archive, let me know when you submit it.
In case you've never participated in a tournament before, Mons explains it best: "To submit a fleet, build your individual ships in the sandbox or campaign mode however you choose. Construct your final fleet in the Tournament menu and, at the bottom of the ship list, there is an export button. After export, the fleet should appear on your desktop as a .lua.gz file. Simply send that to me and I'll take it from there."
|Page 1 of 1||All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]|
|Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group