|Remastered Tournament: Feb 14th, Fixing Mistakes
|Page 1 of 1|
|Author:||Flypaste [ Thu Jan 31, 2019 5:20 pm ]|
|Post subject:||Remastered Tournament: Feb 14th, Fixing Mistakes|
I had unfortunately unknowingly chosen a reserved ID range for my custom blocks. With the developer now producing more content for the game, this introduces the risk that future content updates will conflict with Remastered. As such, this issue needs to be fixed ASAP. It'll be easier the fewer factions there are, so we're taking a month right now to ensure this gets done.
Follow this link for a video explaining how to easily and quickly update your fleets to the new block IDs: https://youtu.be/m4l00dqyqWo
If you would prefer a text explanation, read on.
To update your save file to the new IDs, download the program from here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/aizod1hyfwtqz ... r.exe?dl=1
Once you have it, go to your save file list and export all your save files that use the new remastered blocks as fleets. Put this program on your desktop with the fleet files and run it. It will convert your fleets to use the new IDs. You can now go back into reassembly and import your fleets as new save files.
Please note that if you do not update your saves by March 1st, they may get nuked when the old blocks are removed from the game on that day.
Mod Link: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/ ... 1535033175
- Subpool format, fleets added to pools based on first come first serve. We will try to have 5 fleets per pool.
- If you want to submit 2 fleets, you can, but they must be different factions and will not share a pool.
- 90 updates/sec physics thingie.
- 16,000p fleet cost limit.
- 3 minute match timer.
- 30,000 arena size.
- Soft arena border
- Damage inflicted scoring mode
- No spinners of any speed.
- No ships without any weapons.
- No ships that glitch out and spam blocks all over breaking the game seriously Aurora don't do that.
- Ships must not have multiple cores or be built using any blocks tagged as [ILLEGAL IN TOURNIES].
- Only Terran, Red and Farmer submissions will be accepted. No multifaction ships and no multifaction fleets.
- Ships must have a minimum of 25 acceleration. If you are unsure whether your ship is too slow, you can check by selecting it in sandbox or by sending it to me.
Note that if you're unfamiliar with reassembly's acceleration values, 25 acceleration is roughly a 12000 mass ship being moved by 320kn of thrust.
- Station cores: A ship with a station core must have an acceleration below 25 and is allowed to spin slowly, bypassing the minimum speed and spinner rules. I reserve the right to veto a ship using a station core arbitrarily. The core will be replaced with something else in a future update which will break your ship. Build with it at your own risk.
Obviously, the tournament will be running with the Reassembly Remastered balance mod. Build your ships accordingly... though if you're exceptionally lazy many vanilla ships can be submitted directly with half their thrusters removed as the only modification.
You do not need to re-learn the game to be competitive with this mod.
Send your delicious fleets to my email: firstname.lastname@example.org, or PM them to me in Discord. Submission deadline is when the stream goes live at 9pm CST (GMT -5) on Thursday February 14th.
The tournament will be co-streamed with my buddy pal Dookiepoo. You can catch us on his youtube channel here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCr87EZ ... EBLfBvfaEA
If we have our own fleets participating in the tournament, they will be finalized before seeing any submissions.
Fleet & Stream Archive can be found here: http://www.nomoress.com/remastered/
If you do not want your fleet uploaded to the archive, let me know when you submit it.
In case you've never participated in a tournament before, Mons explains it best: "To submit a fleet, build your individual ships in the sandbox or campaign mode however you choose. Construct your final fleet in the Tournament menu and, at the bottom of the ship list, there is an export button. After export, the fleet should appear on your desktop as a .lua.gz file. Simply send that to me and I'll take it from there."
|Page 1 of 1||All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]|
|Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group