View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Jul 20, 2019 7:07 am

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
"Infinite Fly" Challenge 

So, messing around with having all factions unlocked via modding, I played around with the flys faction for a short while. I tried to get to the wormhole, only using the fly. This actually proved surprisingly challenging, but incredibly fun. I wanted to share that here.

Infinite Fly Challenge

Idea
The idea of the infinite fly challenge is to fly an unarmed ship in the "fly" faction to any wormhole possible, from spawn. You can use teleportation and your own speed to outmaneuver obstacles.

Setup
  1. Enable the fly faction as a playable faction
  2. Redesign your ship such that it has no weaponry

To play
  1. Set a course for a wormhole of your choosing. The further away it is, the harder it will be.
  2. Fly to that wormhole, by whatever means necessary. Keep going as fast as you can to dodge potential enemies.
  3. Use your teleport ability to dodge obstacles. This may sound easy, but densely clustered areas (such as bees territory or spiky plant territory) will make things far more difficult.
  4. Once you arrive at the wormhole, travel through it, claiming your victory.
  5. Rinse and repeat

For an extra challenge
Once you've mastered infinite fly, try some of these extra challenges to make things harder for you.

• Always thrusting
    Put a key weight or the like to keep your forward thruster enabled. This way, you can't slow down!
  • No teleports
    Your fragile fly body doesn't like lithobreaking too much. Well too bad, you can't teleport even when you're about to ram into an asteroid.
  • All the Wormholes
    Why go to one wormhole when you can visit all 4 of them? Route your way between each wormhole, but you can only enter the final wormhole. You must stay behind after visiting the first 3.

Wed Dec 05, 2018 11:10 pm

Fly weapons are so bad I don't think it'd make a difference if you used them or not; actually, you'd be worse off using them since they consume your precious energy

Reassembly x10

Mon Jan 07, 2019 2:56 am

Can we use the sandbox to make a fly ship with multi-faction blocks? or maybe a mod to make flies immortal?

Tue Jan 08, 2019 8:43 am
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]