View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Jun 15, 2019 10:03 pm

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
NMSS Reassembly Tournament - October 9, 2017 - Standard 

NMSS Monthly Tournament - October 9, 2017 - Standard Format

• The tournament will be conducted in a subpool format
  • Each fleet shall be constructed from ships from only one faction.
  • Each ship shall be constructed from parts from only one of the vanilla-playable factions.
    - Any Tinkrell ship shall not contain more than 25 generators.
    - Any Sentinel ship shall not contain more than 6 melee spikes.
    - Nuclear Option will not be allowed.
    - Terran Asteroid Thrusters (18P, 1000K thrust) will not be allowed.
  • Only one fleet allowed per player. If the submitter chooses to change the fleet prior to tournament execution, they will be able.
  • All ship components should be part of the unlockable palette in the standard campaign. Feel free to build in the Sandbox if you choose, but please make sure that the pieces you use are naturally unlockable.
  • Ships shall be constructed from standard, unmodified blocks. No third party mods will be installed on the machine that will be running the tournament.
  • Maximum fleet budget is 16,000 P
  • Maximum ship count is 32
  • Maximum ship size is 8,000 P
  • Asteroids will be Off.
  • Arena size will be 30,000.
  • Resources will be Off.
  • Friendly fire will be Off.
  • Fast spinners will not be allowed for this tournament. A spinner is defined as any ship whose primary means of thrust involves rotating the ship. A ship that spins slowly will be allowed, but spinning quickly will not be. If you are in doubt about whether a ship qualifies as a fast spinner, send it to me and I will let you know.
  • Delayed spinners will not be allowed for this tournament. A delayed spinner is a ship designed to behave normally, but quickly meet a specific condition (such as shedding mass or thrusters), allowing it to become a fast spinner. If you are in doubt about whether a ship qualifies as a delayed spinner, send it to me and I will let you know.
  • Trollships will not be allowed. Every ship must include at least one weapon and enough thrust to reasonably navigate the arena. If you are unsure whether a ship qualifies, send it to me and I will tell you. Also see the attached NMSS Fleet Evaluation. Ships with sufficiently long-ranged weapons may meet this requirement backward or forward, but I must be able to rotate the command core without causing the ship to fall apart.
  • The deadline for fleet submission is October 8, 2017 at 11:59 PM EST (GMT -4). I expect to run the tournament shortly thereafter.
  • The matches will be conducted with a 150 second time limit (2 minutes, 30 seconds).
  • Time Dilation Rule: In the interest of keeping things running smoothly, I will be testing your fleet in a battle against itself in a 120 physics updates/sec environment. If it takes more than 2 minutes to run a 1-minute round, I will reserve the right to veto your fleet.
  • The physics engine during the tournament will be running at 90 frames per second, test your ships accordingly.
  • If fewer than six submissions are received, the vacant places will be arbitrarily filled at my discretion. They will load under my name, but I am not a competitor in the tournament.
  • The tournament will be recorded and posted to YouTube. You'll be able to watch your ships destroy (or get rocked by) your opponents.
  • The tournament will be conducted using the Live version of the game, currently 20161110.

All fleets should be submitted to me via this email address: walkerj@nomoress.com. In the submission email, please be sure to include the intended fleet name, your preferred author name, and indicate if you do not want your fleet to be posted for download.

To submit a fleet, build your individual ships in the sandbox or campaign mode however you choose. Construct your final fleet in the Tournament menu and, at the bottom of the ship list, there is an export button. After export, the fleet should appear on your desktop as a .lua.gz file. Simply send that to me and I'll take it from there.

Bear in mind that Tournaments as of this posting do not allow structures. As such, any ship without thrusters cannot be used and will be removed prior to the tournament's execution. If the point budget is exceeded, I will remove ships starting with the last ones on the list.

Please see the attached fleet for minimum mobility requirements. Ships with sufficiently long-ranged weapons may meet this requirement backward or forward, but I must be able to rotate the command core without causing the ship to fall apart.

Additionally, I'll be using Splinter's Graphics Overhaul and NMSS Tournament Mod.

Thank you and have an excellent day.

Attachments:
NMSS_Fleet_Evaluation.lua.gz [1.18 KiB]
Downloaded 166 times

We have a Discord, too
Tue Sep 05, 2017 12:23 am

Ah, another vanilla tournament...hmmm..

Mon Sep 25, 2017 4:52 pm

are you going red ?

Tue Sep 26, 2017 9:41 am
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]