View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Dec 10, 2019 6:58 am

Reply to topic  [ 39 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Meet the Factions 
Site Admin

I'v had exponentially self replicating ships for a while, but I think your ship did remind me how cool it was and that it might be worth putting back into the world. "Bugs" like that that manifest into behavior that makes sense in the game world are always super exciting!

Tue Mar 11, 2014 6:27 pm

Okay, new update, some changes with the AIs.

So far, all I've noticed is that fleet 7 has a few new ship designs, fleet 13 also has new ship designs plus larger lasers and different colored thrusters, and fleet 12... seems to have gotten a bit stronger. Their mothership now spawns tons of smaller ships, uses shields, and also uses a weird sort of mounted proton sword, and the color of their weapons has also changed a bit.

I'm too lazy to add new pictures, especially since the fleets might be changed again soon, so I'll just leave the first post as it is and only change it if a new fleet is added or one of the fleets is changed very significantly.

Sat Mar 15, 2014 1:32 pm

I am doing some experimentation with various faction ships in the sandbox, and I have found something interesting:
Faction 15 ships require resources in order to generate power. (and regenerate parts, and health)
Faction 11 ships require resources in order to regenerate parts and part health.
I will edit this post with updates when I find out more interesting things about the factions.
Fleet 12 hate plants, and will try to destroy them.
Anything in bold from a previous edit has been modified.

Last edited by TeoUltika on Sat Mar 29, 2014 3:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wed Mar 26, 2014 5:00 pm

I have discovered an equally dangerous weapon to the fleet 15 lazer. the large fleet 11 pentacannon. The only reason it is tough to kill those super weak shells is because they have much range, and 2400 DPS per cannon (10 cannons). But i'll leave the aesthetics to others. besides, I don't like building unrestricted very much.

Fri Mar 28, 2014 10:42 pm

Fleet 5 is a plant-only faction. No ships. Since it makes up every plant in the game, I can't see why it can't be spawned.

Fri Apr 04, 2014 6:09 pm

Ah, I see. I'm guessing that fleet 5 can't be spawned because it can't exist without being attached to something. Same with the plant parts of fleet 13, and the asteroid-attached parts of fleet 6.

Fri Apr 04, 2014 6:19 pm

Asteroid... attached... what?
Fleet 6 are those big blocky white guys with the beams.
Fleet 5 are all plants in existence, bar faction 13.
Fleet 9 are the environmental parts, and have no ships.
Fleet 16... They have parts, but they are all crap, and no ships exist.

Fri Apr 04, 2014 6:39 pm

If you've never been to the home sectors of fleet 6, their territories are full of asteroids with fleet 6 rectangles growing out of them.
Fleet 9 is environmental parts? You mean asteroids and stuff?

Also, looks like we've figured out the purpose of all the unspawnable fleets, except fleet 10.

Fri Apr 04, 2014 9:57 pm

Fleet 10. It's obviously unspawnable. Why? It has no parts. Maybe it was meant to be a custom fleet where we could use the block command to create a whole new faction. That, or it's unused. Arthur may sooner or later put in some parts for it, but as of now, it's unused. However, you should include the lame faction 16, which actually does have parts. You should also include the fact that faction 4 has cannon amplifiers that make their weapons really, REALLY powerful, in faction 4's description.

Sat Apr 05, 2014 6:25 am

DECEL. UPDATE THIS.

Wed Sep 03, 2014 4:41 pm
Reply to topic   [ 39 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next